panasonic TC-L58E60 has scrolling picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

panasonic TC-L58E60 has scrolling picture

I am not sure if I am dealing with a bad panel or tcon or even main board. I replaced one led strip in this tv and the picture came up no problem while on it's back. I put it back together and now I have a scrolling picture but if I bring up the menu that is fine. If I remove the left tcon cable to the screen the scrolling is gone. This makes me think it is either a bad tcon or panel. This all seemed to happen after I plugged in a HDMI cable. I would appreciate any help or suggestions.
    Attached Files

Re: panasonic TC-L58E60 has scrolling picture

do the same "tcon cable removed" test where you get a good picture. Feed in a known video test pattern (color bars is good) and look for details. Do the same with the opposite cable.... go from there.

further, put your glasses on and carefully check the tcon to panel cables to ensure that the contacts are all good and are seated properly... :-)
    Last edited by budwich; 02-21-2018, 12:33 PM.

Comment

I will do that and get back to you, thanks.

Comment

Did what you suggested and even swapped the tcon cables to the panel and still same issue. I had not seen the tv working fine prior to putting the tv on its face to put the plastic parts and the stand on I would suspect a bad panel. I am half tempted to get a tcon to see if that fixes it.

Comment

A update that might help a little. I had a tcon here and the cable to the panel so I put them in and same problem. I lifted the clip on the bottom flat cable to the main board that goes to the tcon and if i flex it I now get horizontal lines in the picture as well as rolling which is I guess normal.
          Attached Files

Comment

Does the OSD and or menu scroll also or just the actual picture being displayed?

Looking at first pic it seems like the time/date bar is ok but picture is scrolling, if that's the case I would be inclined to suspect the mainboard or corrupt eeprom maybe.

One other thing needs noted about plugging in HDMI cables or devices to the TV while either is powered on. This is a big no no, every manual I have read states to turn off both TV and device being connected. I don't think most people think about this when connecting things to the TV.
            Last edited by MagicSmoke; 02-21-2018, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nwcs View Post
              Did what you suggested and even swapped the tcon cables to the panel and still same issue. I had not seen the tv working fine prior to putting the tv on its face to put the plastic parts and the stand on I would suspect a bad panel. I am half tempted to get a tcon to see if that fixes it.
              ok... but you didn't really follow up with what I asked. test both sides doing a test with some sort of input / display that people know exactly about so we can determine if we see any "hints" of issues with perhaps the panel or otherwise. Anyways, as others have posted, the internal stuff looks find. Your observation about removing one tcon cable and the display is "fine" is probably misleading as what you were inputting had no display information on the other side of the screen.

Comment

Sorry budwich I did do what you suggested just not take pictures of it so tomorrow I will do it again and post the pictures. The OSD and the meu does not scroll and I am inclined to think the same about the main board.

Comment

Well we had a little snow so none of my employees can make it in to help me put the tv up so I can post the pictures. I will do it tomorrow as long as it does not snow again. Darn lowered cars

Comment

Originally posted by nwcs View Post
                    Well we had a little snow so none of my employees can make it in to help me put the tv up so I can post the pictures. I will do it tomorrow as long as it does not snow again. Darn lowered cars
                    I don't have to go to work if it snows a little? now that's a dream job

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                      I don't have to go to work if it snows a little? now that's a dream job
                      Yea, one guy has a really steep dirt driveway and the other guy cant get snow plows out to his area and drives a sports car. I drive a 4 wheel drive FJ so I have no problem.

Comment

Here are the pictures with the flat cables removed first one is the left side and second one is right side and the third one is left again. looks like the right side is darker than the left. And a little snow is 6" or so. We just do not get much snow here.
                        Attached Files

Comment

doesn't look good for the right side of things. Not sure of how the panasonic panel is setup for this model / size. are there edge boards on both sides? neither side / just tabs? IF there are side edge boards, there might be an interconnecting clampable ribbon cable going from the bottom edge board to the side. IF so, you can try unclamping / disconnecting it and see what the result is.... you might get lucky.

Comment

Just tabs.

Comment

Bad panel: Gate tab bond failure.
                              https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ht=tab+bonding
                              Attached Files
                              Never stop learning
                              Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                              http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                              http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Darn, Well I have nothing to loose so I will pull the panel out again and hope it fixes it but at any rate I can get the led strips out.

Comment

Working...
                                X