Badcaps.net Forum
Go Back   Badcaps Forums > Troubleshooting Hardware & Devices and Electronics Theory > Troubleshooting & Designing Networks
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2018, 06:35 PM   #1
Spork Schivago
Your Awesomeness

City & State: Corning, New York
My Country: United States of America
Line Voltage: 120VAC 60Hz
I'm a: Professional Tech
Default Tia-606-c

Does anyone have any experience with TIA-606-C labeling scheme?

Trying to label my cables properly but I'm getting a bit confused. Using a grid system, I believe part of a label might look like this:

Code:
AZ04-33:01
Where AZ04 is the grid location of my rack, 33 is the unit location of the patch panel, 01 is the port.

But how do I go about labeling the far end? We have multiple wall pla setes in each room, and some wall plates have more than one ethernet cable going to them. We have wall plates on multiple floors.

Do I just do something like floor number room number? Maybe something like this on the cable behind the wall plate in the second room on the first floor?
Code:
1B.AH01:25/-1A.AZ04-32:25
Where 1B is floor one, room B, AH01 is the grid location of the wall plate, :25 would say it's connecting to the 25th port on the patch panel. The / says the far end of the cable, the rack, is located on subfloor one (the basement), room A, grid location AZ04, rack unit 32, port 25?

Any suggestions on other TIA-606-C labeling schemes that might work but could be a bit more simplified? There's only one rack, so I don't think I need the grid location. I'd like the wall plate identified, the floor, the room, and on the cables, the patch panel unit, and the port number.

Thanks!