Badcaps.net Forum
Go Back   Badcaps Forums > Motherboards with Bad Capacitors > Major Manufacturers Boards
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2005, 12:11 PM   #1
Allistah

Default I have 2 Dell 400sc machines with bad caps

Hey..

I have two Dell 400sc machines that both have bad caps. They are the ones with six caps each and every one of them is bad.

What caps should I replace them with and how do I go about buying them? I'm pretty decent with an iron so removing the old and installing the new shouldn't be an issue.

Where do I buy these replacements from anyways?

Thanks a bunch,

-Jaime
Allistah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 01:44 PM   #2
willawake
Super Modulator

City & State: Αθήνα
Default Re: I have 2 Dell 400sc machines with bad caps

welcome to the forums Jaime, where are you based?

can we have a few pics please?

I assume you have the HN(M) nichicon problem also. 820uf 6.3v like the others? could replace them with 1000uf 6.3 no probs. might be easier to source.

if you are in the US, badcaps http://www.badcaps.net/ can supply you with rubycon mbz which are really low esr and difficullt to find. also you may have probs with the width of caps in that row near the cpu. usually caps of that size are easy to find in 10mm width whereas the ones on the board are 8mm so that causes probs. the ones supplied by badcaps will be 8mm width.

otherwise check the list of suppliers i made http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=613

you can get Rubycon ZL or Panasonic FC from most of those sources, although they are probably gonna be 10mm width. have to slant them a bit on installation, looks bad but works. great caps anyway for perfect stability.
Old 06-28-2005, 12:19 PM   #3
Allistah

Default Re: I have 2 Dell 400sc machines with bad caps

I'm near the San Francisco Bay Area in California. I found another user that just updated his 400sc and had a few left over caps. He's going to ship me 12 of them so that I can update my two systems.

I'll post back when I'm done with the work. I'm hoping to get the caps this week and install them this weekend. I'll post some before and after pics.

-Jaime
Allistah is offline   Reply With Quote