Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP 15Z shorted QFN with weird ID

Hello all,

I am continuing to trouble shoot motherboards. This time around I have found a bad QFN chip responsible for one of the power rails in this HP 15z-cd000. It is a DC-DC converter circuit. Dead short to ground through this IC. I'd like to replace it but the number on it is probably propiertary, it is marked something like AWV70H or possibly AWV709, or AWV7DH. I can't exactly tel but googling does not give me any results. I'd really love to be able to replace it as I think it's the only issue with this MB. I'm gonna try to dig through some junkboards and see if I can find it there too.

Re: HP 15Z shorted QFN with weird ID

Any pictures of it? attach them to your post It might be a TPS79918DRV

Comment

It could be a Silergy SY8286BRAC
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I agree, it is more likely the Silergy SY8286BRAC (AWV QFN20_3X3) The last 3 letters are usually date/mfg codes

Comment

thanks guys, i lost track of this project but it seems it is indeed this SY8286BRAC, online pictures show something that looks identical except for last 3 digits. Are there known more common replacements for this IC?
          Last edited by TVMexicana; 05-30-2019, 08:38 AM.

Comment

They are on Aliexpress..

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3286...AbTest=ae803_3

Comment

Working...
            X