swapping non-touch for touch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

swapping non-touch for touch

Do you think there would be an issue if I removed a non-touch screen LCD (now broken) and installed a touch LCD? These screens are from similar Asus X541UA models, just the non-touch is from a generation earlier. They both have 40 pin connects to the motherboard. I don't want to damage anything, and am not concerned if the touch function is lost.

Also, if someone has the BV for the X541UV rev 2.0, then I could compare signals to the BV which has the touch screen, and I already have (X541UVK rev 2.0). There doesn't seem to be many differences when visually looking at the two boards.

Re: swapping non-touch for touch

There are two resolutions 1080 and 768 so you wouldn't want to get those confused. Check the model number on the back of the panel. Are you sure it's 40 pin ?

Comment

They are both the HD, not FHD, so 768. Both the motherboards and screens have 40 pin connectors, that plug into one another, so I think that's compatible. When I look on line for screens for the X541UA, they are referencing a 30pin or 40 pin, but I believe that is the connector at the actual LCD, and that they all have a 40 pin that mates to the motherboard.

After comparing the BV file I have, I actually think it is for the X541UV rev 2, not the X541UVK rev 2, which I thought I had. Not many differences, but some of the FETS are different, which is what caught my eye.

Anyhow, I think I'll try plugging it in and see what happens

Comment

Well, it worked no problem, just lost the touch capability. While swapping I noticed that there is a different part number for the lcd cable for touch than the non-touch. As suspected the 30 pin part is to the lcd, while the motherboard end has 40 pins

Comment

Working...
        X