Lesia phone "supported API 3" Bricked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lesia phone "supported API 3" Bricked

Good day folks. I'm not a gadget guy by any means and only know some very basics about phones and tablets, so I'm asking for a bit of help here. I've got this phone called Lesia Note X, some sort of knock-off, doesn't really matter since it may apply to other phones of this kind as well, which gets stuck on the logo screen. If I try to hold the power button and the volume up key, instead of the recovery menu showing up like with other phones, I get "Supported API: 3" in the bottom-left corner and that's it. To make matter worse, at no point is this guy being detected by the computer. When I plug the cable in, I DO get a "hardware attached" notification, but then before anything even shows up, I get a "disconnected" sound, so no devices show up in device manager, not even an unknown one, so this is bricked to hell...

There's very little resources on this "API: 3" issue and even less about this phone. From what I've seen, it appears to be similar to a ZTE phone, but couldn't find any resources on unbricking it. If I could at least get it to stay connected, maybe we can work from there, but it doesn't. It's not a cable issue, as the interval between the connection and the disconnection is always the same and charging works fine... so if anyone's got any ideas, they would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Attached Files
    Wattevah...

Re: Lesia phone "supported API 3" Bricked

From the info I found on the internet it looks like this uses a Mediatek MT6580 chipset. You will need SP Flash Tool for MT6580, MTK USB VCOM drivers and appropriate firmware. To flash the phone, you need to disconnect the battery, plug in USB cable, then connect the battery. Then you should be able to see it in Device Manager and install the drivers so the phone will get recognized by SP Flash Tool.

Obtaining the right firmware is likely to be the trickiest part.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Haven't been able to get it to stay connected in any shape or form and that includes removing the battery. I shall push on however. So you just have the cable ready and plugged in and then connect the battery ? I couldn't get it to do anything different that way sadly - it just begins charging and does the connect-disconnect routine again....could be a hardware issue as well ? :| EMMC or something like that ? Again, I don't know much about phones, just generics....

Yes, obtaining a firmware for it is imposibilimibidadido....unless it can accept one from a different device...
      Last edited by Dannyx; 10-16-2018, 08:18 AM.
      Wattevah...

Comment

is you computer running linux ?

Comment

go look at gsm-forum.
          http://forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/index.php

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
            is you computer running linux ?
            No, Windows, but if Linux knows of any tricks that could help in the situation at had, I could very well setup a separate machine or hard drive for it.
            Wattevah...

Comment

Have you installed any drivers yet. https://forum.xda-developers.com/ele...32-64-t3267033

EDIT: heres another driver installer http://community.umidigi.com/thread-2962-1-1.html
              Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-16-2018, 11:26 AM.
              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

So if I understand correctly, the driver will allow the phone to connect even in this "dead" state ? Worth a try I suppose, though it doesn't show up AT ALL, not even as an unknown device, but perhaps that's the whole purpose of those drivers you linked to...
                Wattevah...

Comment

Maybe. To quote from the xda link : "Now, when you will connect your turned off MTK device to the Windows 10 computer by USB, the device will be recognized either trough a MediaTek Preloader USB VCOM Port interface or as a MTK USB port if it is bricked or it has bad/corrupt firmware.The SP Flash Tool will be able to transfer the firmware to your device trough this interfaces. Make sure you connect the device after you press the Download button in SP Flash Tool, as the communication interface will only be alive for 2 seconds if no data is being sent."

If the phone is recognised you`ll still need to find a firmware img as Th3_uN1Qu3 said at post #2 .
                  Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-16-2018, 11:44 AM.
                  All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Yeah, that's what I made out from that post myself, but finding a firmware is going to be tough sh!t....
                    Wattevah...

Comment

with android being more like linux than windows is i would think you will be better using a linux machine . there is info on this problem on stack overflow website .. will see if i can find it again . . https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...api-level-mean

then there is plenty more on google .. https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Su...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Comment

plug it into a linux machine .. open a terminal CTRL ALT T . then type in lsusb into terminal hit enter . it will show you if device is being recognised or not .
                        Last edited by petehall347; 10-16-2018, 01:52 PM.

Comment

i think you mean lsusb

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
                            i think you mean lsusb
                            yes indeed i did . now corrected

Comment

Can you tell us what the board ID number is .

Comment

Would that be written somewhere on it ? Could it be THIS ? Sorry, it's a little blurry....it was early in the morning

I also grabbed those driver and installed them. Although they made no difference in the way the phone is detected (that is, it DOESN'T get detected), what I THINK it's supposed to happen is after you've got the correct "scatter" file loaded in SPFlash tool and hit "download", you THEN connect the phone and in that brief moment when it manages to talk to the PC, SPFLash "catches" it and begins doing its thing before it disconnects again.....that's the only way I'd see this thing working, because it doesn't appear as a VCOM device or anything like that at any point in device manager...
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by Dannyx; 10-17-2018, 12:47 AM.
                                Wattevah...

Comment

There`s no info online for that board ID. I think your only option now is to contact lesia and ask them for the firmware, they might send you a download link.

http://www.lesia.hk/contact.php

Comment

I have always flashed these devices under Windows, the Chinese companies only supply Windows software. MTK chipsets have the USB download mode stack in the bootloader, so it's impossible to permanently brick them via software - with the right firmware update, the device should start.

But if you do not have the drivers installed then it will toggle out of that mode if the firmware asks it to (reset). Try installing the USB VCOM drivers and you should get the popup about installing drivers for that device, even if it disappears in the meantime, next time it is connected the driver will pick it up.
                                    Last edited by Th3_uN1Qu3; 10-17-2018, 05:51 AM.
                                    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
                                    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
                                    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

I did install the drivers, but no difference like I said, despite the system going "duh-dum" when you plug it in. It then goes "dum-duh" again and there's no message whatsoever - then it just begins charging and displaying the battery animation. Same goes if I press and hold UP and power - it eventually displays the API 3 message, accompanied by the same connection attempt. I'm under win 7 though I doubt it's relevant.

Meh, nothing to lose. Sent the chaps an email describing my issue. What's ironic here is that chinese companies seem to have BETTER "support" (if we can even call it that) and against all expectations they DO reply and even provide whatever's required. At least that's what others have described in other situations when pursuing these avenues that seem totally ridiculous.

I personally noticed this trend on Aliexpress: no matter how cheap a product is, the sellers will do everything they can to satisfy your requests even if you're not guaranteed you're going to buy it. Off topic: I needed some parts to build an automated curtain drawing machine (long story - another time ) and I was interested in the weight of a particular part. It wasn't mentioned in the product page, so I contacted the seller and asked them what it weighed. They said they didn't have the part readily on hand to weigh it and they'd have to ask about it at their warehouse...yeah, sure, I though, like THAT'S ever going to happen...why would they bother for 50 cents a piece ? It's basically a very polite "fuck off"....1 day later, I get a message from the chap with a photo of the part placed on a scale displaying the grams and saying "here you go".....they actually went out of their way to weigh that thing just for me and take a picture of it...hats off to you for your extreme (if not ridiculous !) sense of responsibility and devotion to your POTENTIAL customers ! China man ! You don't mess with China !
                                      Last edited by Dannyx; 10-17-2018, 07:07 AM.
                                      Wattevah...

Comment

"Make sure you connect the device after you press the Download button in SP Flash Tool, as the communication interface will only be alive for 2 seconds if no data is being sent."

It seems that without the firmware to send to the phone the connection is closed.

Comment

Working...
                                        X