HP Elitebook 820 G1 - Still BIOS password after flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello! I have an elitebook 820 G1 with Bios Admin password I don't know. How can I do to get bios with no password?

Re: Elitebook 820 G1 Bios Password Reset

Heres my backup, can someone help me to disable password?
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi. How do you have to create backup ? I've the same BIOS with unknown password

Comment

Hi! I followed this guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/...tracting_dvmt/

Universal Bios Backup Toolkit worked, but I couldn't figure out how to flash it back again I tried working with flashrom, but they specifically advise to not use it on a laptop, so I haven't tried

My Bios remains password locked and I can't seem to find a solution... A SMC.bin file seems to be the solution, but HP hasn't given me one ... Please do tell me if you find any solution!

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker123 View Post
          Hi! I followed this guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/hackintosh/...tracting_dvmt/

Universal Bios Backup Toolkit worked, but I couldn't figure out how to flash it back again I tried working with flashrom, but they specifically advise to not use it on a laptop, so I haven't tried

My Bios remains password locked and I can't seem to find a solution... A SMC.bin file seems to be the solution, but HP hasn't given me one ... Please do tell me if you find any solution!
          i don't have admin rights

Comment

Can't you reinstall windows to get them? Is USB booting possible, maybe with a live linux distro?

Comment

Originally posted by Seeker123 View Post
              Can't you reinstall windows to get them? Is USB booting possible, maybe with a live linux distro?
              Boot sequence BIOS is locked only in HD. it's impossible boot from USB.

Comment

Your only option then is to contact HP and ask them for an SMC.bin... Or taking off the HD, it will allow you to boot from usb

Comment

Take out hd and run first setup up on second pc/laptop reistall hd and finish of install of windows have fun

Comment

Have you tried to restore bios with a programmer ?

Comment

Hi,

The problem is that the BIOS is password protected and i have been reading a lot of threads about this.

I bought the "USB Programmer CH341A Series Burner Chip 24 EEPROM BIOS Writer 25 SPI Flash". (had to wait about a month to get it...)

The BIOS i got from HP.

Since im good at electronics and soldering i desoldered the BIOS chip from the mother board without any problem.

Then i reprogrammed the new BIOS and resoldered the chip.

To my dissapointment the BIOS is still password protected.

How can i solve this, is the password stored somewhere else?

I have attatched the bios files, the "bios_backup.bin" is a backup of the bios.

I tested 2 different bios versions from HP and a 3d one which i found here in the forum somewhere.

What am i doing wrong?
                      Attached Files

Comment

Re: HP Elitebook 820 G1 - Still BIOS password after flash

Hi
                        Where is the original file? It's needed to pull DMI info & Me region ...also on intel boards you just can't use any other donor bios they are dirty once a computer in booted it's only could be use by that computer unless you use a full new update or rebuild a new ME Region using a fit tool software . So let say hp only has 1/2 file bio update ...You would need to merge your top half of your original file with the update compare size all good save it done. So much more to know just a start to give you a little understanding .
                        Techman1025

Comment

All of the files are different sizes? The L71xxx.bin files are not directly writeable bios files...
                          Strange that the machine still boots.

Comment

Try it, dump is clear, from work notebook
                            HP Elitebook 820 G1
                            M/B 6050A2630701
                            128mbit
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Elsid79 View Post
                              Try it, dump is clear, from work notebook
                              HP Elitebook 820 G1
                              M/B 6050A2630701
                              128mbit
                              Great thanks to all of you i will try this tonight!

Just have to desolder the damn chip again...good for me that I'm quite skilled at soldering

How could i believe that it would work to download the bios file from HPs website and then program them into the chip...

I will report back after i have tested this new file.

Do i have to reprogram some ID/Serial/UUID numbers and stuff i have seen people talk about?
                              Last edited by silversweden; 03-10-2017, 12:17 PM.

Comment

to remove password you should reprogramm ec eprom and bios eprom with a dump taken from the same machine.
                                This method works only if a bios password is enabled, if someone has enabled other protect measure, stored on tpm chip you need to solder this chip taken from a donor board, with its ec and bios firmware

Comment

I reflashed the Winbond chip using the HP Elitebook 820 G1 file.

Flashing was no problem but it still tells me:

"USER ID: BIOS Administrator
                                  Enter Password"

I cant get in

Comment

Originally posted by jasko_jacker View Post
                                    to remove password you should reprogramm ec eprom and bios eprom with a dump taken from the same machine.
                                    This method works only if a bios password is enabled, if someone has enabled other protect measure, stored on tpm chip you need to solder this chip taken from a donor board, with its ec and bios firmware
                                    Whats the ec eprom?

Its sad if i have to throw away this laptop just because a stupid password

Comment

can you post a photo of the bios chip area ?
                                      I haven't this schematic in this moment.
                                      There should be another chip like bios chip (It depends on the motherboard model) , this chip contain the firmware for the ec also named super I/O

Comment

Originally posted by jasko_jacker View Post
                                        can you post a photo of the bios chip area ?
                                        I haven't this schematic in this moment.
                                        There should be another chip like bios chip (It depends on the motherboard model) , this chip contain the firmware for the ec also named super I/O
                                        Here is the main board. The bios is the one upper mid left of the copper ring. There is a chip with same package just below the battery connector.

But even if i identify the ec i dont have a dump for that :/

What can i do?
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X