FIC AZII bad capacitors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIC AZII bad capacitors

Ok, here's an FIC motherboard, model AZII. It's a socket 'A' AMD-based board. The peculiar thing with this board is the condition of the caps. Take note of the pictures, the caps are in pristine physical condition, no swelling, bulging or venting. However, this board was completely unstable and unusable. The caps were branded 'OST' and 'CHHSI', brands known to fail.

I replaced all the caps, and the board is now perfectly stable! This just goes to prove that your caps don't have to be vented and disfigured to be bad!
    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
    http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Team : 49813
    Join in!!
    Team Stats

My friend had one of those boards, exact brand and model. Its funny, half the board is bare. I use to make fun of that thing all the time. And that system of his with that board was the most unstable he has ever had. The board now rests on the bottom of his lawn pond. lol

Comment

Re: FIC AZII bad capacitors

WOW, this is a really old post. I just picked up this very old board. paid nothing for it, Ok i paid 10 bucks, i got ripped off. wanted to use the thing for a print server.

Anyway, I noticed that a couple capacitors were bad, and i replaced them. still not getting any video. I am guessing I should just toss it, but i want to fix it. this previous post stated that you replaced all the caps... Or did you just replace the big ones. where is the cheapest place to pick these up.

Thanks,

ChuckE.

All recommendations are appreciated. I know that I should just toss it.

Comment

Working...
      X