p4mdut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

p4mdut

hi. Im new here and I am new with M/B repair.

I had been browsing over badcaps.net for a while when i read about the symptoms of bad caps. I was repairing a p4mdut motherboard but the problem became worst

The problem was the computer was rebooting constantly. when i inspected the board, i noticed a lot of bad caps. i told the owner that if i tried to fix it, it will either be the problem be solved or become worst so i tried to fix it.

When i removed the capacitor(1000uF.6.3v) i couldnt find an exact replacement so I tried using 1000uF/10v. Now Im faced with pc not booting up. I notice that it is so slow to detect the hdd and it does not boot.

I am open to suggestions on repair. This is my very 1st attempt to fix a broken mb and i really need a lot of newbie tips

Re: p4mdut

Welcome to the forums! You can always replace a capacitor with one of the same farad rating but higher voltage, if it will fit physically. From the post, you have more than one capacitor that has failed or will fail. You need to replace all of them, it's the only sure way. Make certain you get the polarity right when replacing caps though.

Comment

Originally posted by rio_bugarin
      I notice that it is so slow to detect the hdd and it does not boot.
      That symptom may just be a symptom of wrong HDD jumpering. I had that problem with a Gateway Pentium III PC a while ago when preparing to reinstall all software, because of the fact that the HDDs were Western Digital and at least some Western Digital HDDs require a jumper change, just because you add a HDD to the IDE channel and vice-versa.

That means when I add a slave HDD, I'm required to change the jumper position on the HDD that's the master, not just setting the jumper on the HDD I added for making it a slave!
      ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

Thx for the reply guys. I wasnt disappointed joining this forum.

There is more than one badcap on the board. I replaced only one and tried it. I will try to replace all the badcaps and post the result.

I had knowledge on basic electronics and computer repair so I am aware of their polarity.

I had the feeling this forum is as lively as pcguide.com. More power to us

Comment

Im back guys. And im in still in trouble. I cant seem to find 1500uF/6.3v. Can I just replace it with 2200uF/16v?

I had 1000uF/10v to replace 1000uF/6.3v. I need opinions on using replacements of 1500uf/6.3v. I search all elec shops in our town but cant seem to find them.

Comment

btw. I dont seem to see the brand of the caps. It just contain G S C on it

Comment

you need high quality low esr caps.
              the 2200@16 is not only not likely to be low esr but it is probably too big.
              i cant remember where it is on the forums here but there is a list of reputable suppliers of caps.

Comment

you can get panasonic FC from :
                http://www.www.rsphilippines.com/

if you search the forum there was another guy from your country who got his caps there and the service was reported to be ok.
                capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

i had performed the operation and i cant believe it was successful. I doubted first because i was only using UNgrounded soldering iron and i placed some caps in wrong position(clumsy me). when i noticed it was wrong, it removed it again ang placed it right. Now it was working fine

I would like to thank you guys for helping me out. I really appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                  X