Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easiest ways to make a dump from BIOS

Dear Technicians,

Most people do not accept removing bios chip to make a bios dump for others.
    It would be great if bios technicians mention some easy steps in this thread for creating a bios dump without removing the chip and without a risky operation on the laptop. In this way, bios dumps will be available for all laptops.
    are there any such steps for various laptop models?
    Last edited by caspian; 10-20-2017, 04:32 AM.

Re: Easiest ways to make a dump from BIOS

bios backup toolkit v2.0

Comment

Originally posted by guzica View Post
      bios backup toolkit v2.0
      What about UEFI bios? Can that the tool handle it?

IMO:

Bios backup toolkit only work for OLD mobo. When North and South bridge merge, i think impossible.

The easiest problems on field of low level chip repair are when you face Shorted on 19V rails and BIOS problems, when you have been lazy to backup from working board, then the question is are them serious doing job repair or not? Except them have capabilities to fix bios or only hope somebody helps, with magic word URGENT, please!.

The trusted BIOS only from official each vendor, from other dump, you make that be double ID or SN (though it is bios of working). Please think here........I believe that's why on HP laptop DMI need editing to avoid double ID or SN. There is a few things on my head, what happend if someone has success to inject virus on bios UEFI ( I hope not, so scary).

For fix bios laptop only need read many threads on this forum, the clue of puzzle was here, right on this forum. in example to fix bios of Asus, Mr Ala_borbe already give us a Tutorial for it.

If you have time do research with one mobo, the key is you have backup (or you can try it with other chip from scrap board or donor). Fill the chip with your works, see what result, if failed just try again, again and again.

Hint:
      I only work with HxD editor and few tool to extract an encrypted the files from official update. Each brand laptop has different tool to handle it. like Lenovo, HP or DELL. Knowing who is the producer of bios is very important as well. like AMI or insyde.

Good Luck!

Comment

bios backup toolkit v2.0 just backed up a UEFI bios from a lenovo

Comment

Originally posted by meritosari View Post
          what happend if someone has success to inject virus on bios UEFI ( I hope not, so scary).
          many makers already injected a rootkit into UEFI that downloads spyware files into your windows even if you re-install.
          here it is - i extracted it!!

it's way beyond "Tinfoil Hats" at this point in time!!!!!
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X