This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, I'm new to the forum. Stopped in to get info on my TV that quit on me. I've done some reading and it looks like I'm gonna get alot of useful info!

Thanks in advance for the help I will be seeking.

Comment

Hello.

Comment

Hello all. My name is Kevin, I'm a production group leader at a food manufacturing plant, and have decided to get into a new hobby... Troubleshooting and repair at the component level! I have limited experience when it comes to this as most of what you're taught in computer science nowadays is programming, programming, replace the board it's not worth the time. Anyway, my primary focus at work is troubleshooting and repairing production equipment, so this is a new beast for me. I hope to learn from everyone here, and offer help to anyone whom I may actually be able to. So... If there are any PLC related questions I can do my best to help out! (of course even this I only have about a year of experience in...)

Comment

Hello everyone. Thanks for allowing access to this forum. I'm from Spain, and unfortunately, like all Spaniards (very bad on our part), I have a medium level in English, so if there is something incoherent, Google's fault.
          I am dedicated to repair almost anything that plugs, but especially computers, and as always in this world, there are constant developments and news, so you have to be trendy. Thanks to the Internet and forums like this, we, we can progress in our work.
          Originally I have the title of electrician, but I've always liked electronics. I consider myself an average user in electronics, but little by little, I'm gaining knowledge.
          Well, I hope to contribute and help, and again, thank you all !!!

Comment

Hi. My name is Ben. I am from Australia and found this site a year or two ago when I was trying to fix a toshiba a200. I have fixed about 6 of them since and am starting to try fixing other laptops. This site great, the best on the internet for fixing motherboards. I have very little technical skills or knowledge but have enjoyed what little work I have done. It is an amazing feeling when you resurrect an electronic device that someone once loved enough to spend thousands of dollars on.

Comment

Hello all. Greetings from Serbia.

Comment

hello i am from albania and have small shop of repair laptop and playstation 3
                sorry but my english is not very well

Comment

Hi, I'm Chris and I have been a visitor here several times the last few years. Now I have a problem a search can't help me with.

Comment

Hello all, my name is stroff and I have been fixing electronics for 35 years.
                    Glad to join the forum and share the knowledge...

Comment

Hello all. My name is Joe, I've been working on PCs for 15+ years and recently started to dabbling in replacing bad capacitors on failed components. This forum looks like a great resource and I hope to lear nand contribute.

Comment

Hello My name is Michel, im a computer tech for schools here in Canada! im 46 and my passion are Volkswagens car and computers / Rasberry Pi / gaming /bitcoin mining.

I went a few time on this site, for different problem, like capacitor problem in LG monitors and other references. Ive made myself a tutorial about G5 Mac with defect power supply, ive used a PC PSU and a hp laserjet 4 PSU for the 24 volt, and since i need to be registered to post, here i am!!

have a nice days folks

Comment

Hi, I'm Harold from France.

I'm here because I'm facing problem recognizing laptop MOBO capacitors.

I'm happy that I found this place, I hope I'll be able to learn more about Caps .

Comment

Well hello there...

My name is Bo and i'm a bit of a tinkerer of electronics. Long time lurker and reader of the wealth of knowledge that Bad Caps has to offer. I'm glad there is a place like this out there...thanks!

Comment

Hi, I'm will i repair electronics as a hobby and also do web development.

Comment

Adding my two cents to the thread. I am retired now but was employed by the CBC here in Canada for 35 years. I had lots of contact with the folks in the maintenance department when they had to fix my camera or deck. Things broke back then but not as often as it seems that things break now. Planned obsolescence is one thing but products these days seem to commit suicide. They all end up in landfills but anything that can be done to slow that down is commendable.

Thanks.

Comment

I'm an electrical engineer, posting a message so I can start a new thread. I've got a 50 inch samsung plasma tv that turns on fine, but has what looks like a little bit of noise in the image, as if the input signal were bad.

Comment

Hi people,
                                    my background is in PABX.Started about 30 years ago with an apprenticeship with the national (then only ) carrier. Since then worked for several distributors of various brands- LG, Samsung, Nortel, NEC, Aristel, Alcatel etc. Also done a lot of data cabling, MATV,CCTV and cabling. Last few years had to learn more IT to keep up with convergence.And now my TV has dropped off the perch...

Comment

Hello all Jaffe here,
                                      I am from the sunshine state of Florida. I joined the forum to gain the vast knowledge of others with a passion for electronics, tinkering, and the self satisfaction for being able to diagnose a technical issue, repair said issue, then enjoy the rewards. I have been around electronics for many years but am by no means a professional tech per se'. I will try and help others if I can and look forward to the forum. Thank you.

Comment

Hi, my name is Bob (and this is my second try to make this new member post) and I live in Florida (US). I'm an electronics hobbyist "newbie" that jumped into the deep end (>10 years ago) learning electronics to make component-level repairs to my PDP-8s (and now PDP-11s and peripherals for both families of the PDPs).

I've used computers since the mid-to-late '70s, including Teletype Model 33 ASRs and punched cards. In college I had access to a Data General NOVA 1220 that was pretty much a personal computer instead of having to wait in line to share terminals in the computer center.

After graduation, I bought an 8KB TRS-80 Model III with a cassette player for storage. As time went on I upgraded it to a dual floppy drive 48KB system, but couldn't afford Radio Shack's $5,000 10±MB hard drive for it. I've continually upgraded to (and built) faster, more powerful PC-clones up to today.

Recently our (previous) main desktop (Dell) failed due to "bad caps" on the motherboard -- many are bulging. One of these days I'll have to try recapping that motherboard to have a decent PC-clone out in my workshop.

Bob

Comment

Hello all.

I joined this forum to get some tips and tricks on fixing my monitors. I got lucky and was able to fix one monitor just by replacing the capacitors. I loved being able to do it, so now that another monitor has gone bad, I'm revved up and ready to fix this one too!

Fingers crossed that it will be just as easy as the first...

Comment

Working...
                                          X