Badcaps.net Forum
Go Back   Badcaps Forums > Troubleshooting Hardware & Devices and Electronics Theory > Troubleshooting TVs and Video Sources
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2019, 08:54 AM   #21
energyx

City & State: Ohio
My Country: USA
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Default Re: FIXED Re: Sony HLR board ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyDays View Post
First, THANK YOU ALL for helping me repair my TV. Because of this thread, I was able to get to the source of the issue - the HLR board. I know this thread is old, but I wanted to provide the missing link that I was able to obtain by finding the Service Manual to my tv - KDL-55HX800 - which provided schematic diagrams plus more. Hence, I'm attaching the pics of the HLR board, and a close up of the PINs diagram. I clipped the 11th pin, and reconnected to the HLR board. The 7 red blinking lights gone! TV & remote work perfectly. NOTE: I believe that my TV had issues prior to this fix, and I DID replace the BAL board prior to clipping pin 11. Could be that the temp heat error code fried something in the BAL board. Don't know. Just went about repairs with one board at a time. Hope this helps someone else too.
Thanks everyone for this post. Picked up a free KDL-55EX711 with 7 flashes, thinking I would just bake the main board like a couple previous models. Sure enough, I unhooked the HLR connector and it fired right up. I ended up just pulling pins 11 and 12 from the harness connector and taped them off. With just 11 out, it still wouldn't power up. I always turn of auto settings anyway, so the sensor would be useless to me.

Last edited by energyx; 10-20-2019 at 08:55 AM..
energyx is offline   Reply With Quote