Badcaps.net Forum
Go Back   Badcaps Forums > Troubleshooting Hardware & Devices and Electronics Theory > Troubleshooting TVs and Video Sources
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2019, 04:18 PM   #141
nomoresonys
Badcaps Veteran

City & State: midwest
My Country: U.S.
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Default Re: Vizio P502UI-B1E has no backlight, no voltage from driver board to LED's

Ok, now to make the fix last as long as possible, cut a hole in the back cover of the tv, right where the bga is and install a fan so it can run as cool as possible.
nomoresonys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 11:01 PM   #142
d(-_-)b

City & State: Scottsdale, AZ
My Country: Unites (once) States
Thumbs up Re: Vizio P502UI-B1E has no backlight, no voltage from driver board to LED's

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtvman View Post
Digging this old thread up. Had a unit with same symptoms...no picture, no backlights, power light slowly faded out...Replacing EEPROM didn't fix it. Before I picked up a board for $125 on eBay, I threw the old main into the oven at 400F for 12 minutes, let it cool for 30, and *poof* fired up just fine. No idea how long it'll last, but hey it's better than a dead set

IT WORKED!!! THANK YOU ALL !!!

I cooked the Mainboard for 12 min @ 400 F and let it cool until next day (I actually forgot about it) and next day I decided to give it one more try before dumping the whole set in the dumpster since nothing worked in the past 4 months (EEPROMs, transistors...). Sure enough the tv is working just fine for 2 days now (roku and plex mostly) with no issues whatsoever.

I'll post back if/when (hopefully not, knock on wood) the tv goes bad again. Till then many thanks to those who posted this possible fix since my board it's not available anywhere.
d(-_-)b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 05:01 PM   #143
d(-_-)b

City & State: Scottsdale, AZ
My Country: Unites (once) States
Default Re: Vizio P502UI-B1E has no backlight, no voltage from driver board to LED's

Quote:
Originally Posted by d(-_-)b View Post
IT WORKED!!! THANK YOU ALL !!!

I cooked the Mainboard for 12 min @ 400 F and let it cool until next day (I actually forgot about it) and next day I decided to give it one more try before dumping the whole set in the dumpster since nothing worked in the past 4 months (EEPROMs, transistors...). Sure enough the tv is working just fine for 2 days now (roku and plex mostly) with no issues whatsoever.

I'll post back if/when (hopefully not, knock on wood) the tv goes bad again. Till then many thanks to those who posted this possible fix since my board it's not available anywhere.
Well...looks, like any miracle, it didn't last for too long. Slightly more than a month. Last night I baked the board again and it's working fine again. This time for 15 min and slightly lower in the oven.

Will see how much will last this time.
d(-_-)b is offline   Reply With Quote