Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung DTB-H260F HDTV Tuner

Originally posted by bluto
    Good news, the patient lives! Replaced the 1000uf and 470uf caps with new Panasonic FC caps and the filter cap with a Panasonic TS-ED series cap. The other three were replaced with some Panasonic NHG caps that i had lying around. Plugged everything in and it came right up. Another $200 device saved from a 10 cent cap!

Thanks for the replies and thanks to TC for this great resource!
    Beware, the Panasonic NHG is general purpose, not low ESR. GP caps are not ideal devices for filtering a switching power supply output. They might not last very long in that application.

Comment

Thanks for the tips. My tuner just died and the same exact cap bubbled. I replaced it with a Panny 1000u FC cap and it's working again. Fantastic!

Comment

Welcome to badcaps forums. I am glad to hear that my prescribed repair worked for you.

Comment

MJA28, did replacing the caps fix your problem? My H260 seems to be behaving more like yours than like bluto's. When I plug the tuner in, I get the 1/4 sec LED blink. Then when I press the power button, the LED lights for ~10 seconds before going out. I can't get it to light again unless I unplug it for a couple of minutes.

None of the caps appear to have a domed cap, PPCJ1 has a bit of discoloring on the top but it appears to just be permanent marker.

Comment

nope.I didn't open the box yet.I ordered the parts listed by bluto from Digi-key(some parts aren't available until the 11 of the this month) and soldering iron and wire from Walmrt.

I wish if one of the guys can make a youtube video on "how to"

Comment

Try some of these videos below. The process is pretty much the same for all circuit boards. The good news is that a single layer board like this power supply is much easier to work with than a multi-layer board such as a computer motherboard. If you have some broken devices around you should try practicing removing some of the components on them to get the hang of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on_2CP52cW4
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCSNWi3UHf4&NR=1

Comment

Could someone post an alternate part number for the 1000 uf 10V cap that is first on Bluto's list? The current lead time from digikey is 16wks, AlliedElec didn't have them in stock either. The cap I'm looking for an alternative to is P10224-ND .

I don't think the wife wants to go 2.5 months without Tv...
                Thanks

Comment

Are you sure about the 16 weeks lead time? I just checked digikey and they have ~1600 in stock right now. Link:
                  http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...name=P10224-ND
                  If not, you can use Nichicon PW or United Chemicon KY or LXZ as they have pretty similar specs to those Panasonic FCs.
                  Here's the part numbers if you need them (only for the 8mm diameters):
                  PW: 493-1747-ND
                  KY: 565-1505-ND
                  LXZ: 565-1906-ND

Comment

I got all my parts today including the P10224-ND,and a freak'n 2700 page catalog LOL

I like the way they package the caps .I thought it's going to arrive inside a cheap plastic bag

Comment

The catalog can be handy when you are looking for something, but are not quite sure what it is. Their packaging is nice, but IMO somewhat excessive to send a cardboard box with all the wrapping that comes inside it for just a handful of components. A padded envelope would suffice in those cases. You can also look forward to additional catalogs coming in the mail

Comment

Originally posted by bluto
                        The catalog can be handy when you are looking for something, but are not quite sure what it is. Their packaging is nice, but IMO somewhat excessive to send a cardboard box with all the wrapping that comes inside it for just a handful of components. A padded envelope would suffice in those cases. You can also look forward to additional catalogs coming in the mail
                        LOL .once in TX I used a catalog that thick for target practicing

here is a pix for new members
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by AllSand
                          Could someone post an alternate part number for the 1000 uf 10V cap that is first on Bluto's list? The current lead time from digikey is 16wks, AlliedElec didn't have them in stock either. The cap I'm looking for an alternative to is P10224-ND .

Thanks
                          if you can't wait.check the Centronics ZAT502 HD

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=179095

http://www.summitsource.com/product_...oducts_id=8167

Comment

Originally posted by AllSand

Thanks
                            Did you go to digikey . com and enter the part numbers directly? Doing it that way shows that it is in stock. Googling the part number gets you a link like this that shows out of stock: http://parts.digikey.ca/1/1/86411-ca...-fc1a102l.html

Also you should be able to substitute the FM series for the FC series (unless the other wizards here tell me that I am wrong). The FM series is even tighter tolerances and lower ESR than the FC series.

Try P12354-ND for an FM series 1000uf 10v.

Comment

Thanks for the other part numbers. I searched again and found them in stock. Not sure if I did something wrong or if the status changed. Hopefully I'll know if they solved the prolem by the end of the week.

Comment

I just got done replacing all of the Caps. Success!! The tuner works flawlessly again. Thanks for your help everyone.

Note for those searching these forums in the future, my symptons were the following...
                                The blue LED would blink for 1/4 sec when the unit was plugged in, then light for ~10 seconds when the power button was pressed. The LED would not light again until the unit was unplugged for a minute.

Comment

mine is back to life too .I replaced only 2 caps.Samxon 1000uf 10v,and 450v 82uf. for sure the 1000uf was bad,but I wasn't sure about the 450v so i replaced it just for the heck of it(and easiest one to replace lol)

reason i didn't replace all of the caps because my hands shaking issue(too much caffeine)
                                  Attached Files
                                  Last edited by MJA28; 01-15-2010, 07:06 PM.

Comment

I'm having similar symptoms and planning to try replacing all the caps. Can someone recommend a good alternate to the recommendation:
                                    P11695-ND 82UF 450V

It's out of stock at Digikey until June!

Comment

Originally posted by GraeNormal
                                      I'm having similar symptoms and planning to try replacing all the caps. Can someone recommend a good alternate to the recommendation:
                                      P11695-ND 82UF 450V

It's out of stock at Digikey until June!

you don't have to replace it if it's good condition.
                                      open the case and replace the bad ones 1st.thats what i did

Comment

Well, that's the thing. None of the capacitors are clearly broken, as far as I can tell. (Though I am new to this kind of thing.)

The only one that makes me nervous is the big 450V cap, which looks a little bulged. So I'd like to replace it as long as I'm in there.

Comment

Originally posted by GraeNormal
                                          Well, that's the thing. None of the capacitors are clearly broken, as far as I can tell. (Though I am new to this kind of thing.)

The only one that makes me nervous is the big 450V cap, which looks a little bulged. So I'd like to replace it as long as I'm in there.
                                          if it's bulged then go ahead.I replaced the 450v just for the heck of it

I'm not sure if the old one is still working,but I'm more than happy to give it away if you are interested (need to look for it 1st.lol)

Comment

Working...
                                          X