bad cap manufacturers - please post yours here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: bad cap manufacturers - please post yours here

G-Luxons 2200uF and 1500uF from three PC Chips M810LMR v1.6 boards.
    Attached Files

Comment

Add GL - big ones bulging, smaller just going bad and Rubysun - 100uF looking OK but completely open.

Comment

Here's a _very_ slightly bulged Yec I found in an FSP Sparklepower power supply. It's really hard to see, but the cap is _very_ slightly bulged on the top.

Attached Files
        Last edited by willawake; 01-04-2006, 11:27 AM.
        The ever-amazing (and ever-affordable) KY, Chemi-con's best kept secret.

I'll probably be the only person going to SteamOS once it gets out of beta (ha ha.)

Comment

The logo looks almost same as HEC which is crap too.

Comment

Originally posted by Rainbow
            Add GL - big ones bulging, smaller just going bad and Rubysun - 100uF looking OK but completely open.
            I've seen a Rubysun capacitor in a pair of Olympic OTC-120MS speakers (with the misleading PMPO rating), but I have yet to see Rulycons in Australia...
            Also found the Rubysun manufacturer at www.ygxkjdz.com with this engrish: "Wellcom to Ours Web".
            My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

What's PMPO? And I found ok-looking YEC in the company of Rubycon in an ancient DTK AT psu.
              The great capacitor showdown!

Comment

PMPO is a BS stat quoted by cheap amp manufacturers. RMS is a more acceptable measurement.

http://cbll.net/articles/pmpo

actually i just replaced my office 300W psu opened it up and found lots of Fuhjyyu caps. still working fine after many years. this cap game is funny. replaced it with a zalman modded with better fan. need more power to run so many hdds.
                Last edited by willawake; 10-07-2005, 03:53 PM.
                capacitor lab yachtmati techmati

Comment

I read up on PSU design yesterday and stumbled onto a mod with multiple supplies.
                  You can split up the load but both supplies have to turn on which can be tricky.

http://www.burningissues.net/how_to/power/complete.htm
                  Here is one example many I found.
                  Last edited by kc8adu; 10-09-2005, 04:10 PM. Reason: fixed url
                  Jim

Comment

Arcon, found bulged/leaking in Dell/HP OEM 250W ATX PSUs marked DLP2507F3CP, manufactured about 4/2003.

Comment

Buldged cap, NKCON make, taken from a Powerleap CPU upgrade adapter. A replacement cap repaired the unit.
                      Attached Files

Comment

The font in the NKCON capacitor clearly shows this brand is poor quality.
                        My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Japlytic: Care to elaborate?

Comment

: Quoted "Wellcom to Ours Web".

We'lls also come to yours Web. Ha Ha HA
                            Last edited by arneson; 12-05-2005, 11:26 PM.
                            Jim

Comment

list updated. thanks guys for your posts. sorry it took so long to get around to updating.

Comment

I saw a new one today, Skywell. Was on a Geforce FX 5200 card that came in a Dell tower, could not see any brand information on the card itself. It had 4 Skywell 1000uf 16v, 2 had blown, and 1 OSCON 510uf 4v. The cap was dark blue and gold with the brand written horizontally. The monitor would lose video signal after about 5 minutes, replaced with oscons that I robbed from a mainboard and it works great.
                                FatalOE : http://www.skywellnet.com/
                                see in products they list os-con but then the pdf says (SEL Series) UNI-CON Solid Alumninium capacitor. are those the ones?

Comment

That is the one, I have a Dell FX5200 and it has Skywell Uni-Con.

Comment

thanks Chris

Comment

fuh yin
                                      Attached Files

Comment

These were the ones screwing up my motherboard. Tayeh.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Very surprised to see Sanyo listed as "bad cap". What was the experience that caused a listing?
                                          Gigabyte EP45-DS3L Ultra Reliable (Power saver)
                                          Intel E8400 (3000Mhz) Bios temps. 4096Mb 800Mhz DDR2 Corsair XMS2 4-4-4-12
                                          160Gb WD SATAII Server grade
                                          Nvidia 8500GT 256Mb
                                          160Gb WD eSATAII Server grade for backup.
                                          Samsung 18x DVD writer
                                          Pioneer 16x DVD writer + 6x Dual layer
                                          33 way card reader
                                          Windows XP Pro SP3
                                          Thermaltake Matrix case with 430W Silent Power
                                          17" Benq FP737s LCD monitor
                                          HP Officejet Pro K5300 with refillable tanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X