• Show
Clear All

Re: Unknown Capacitor Brands

SOrry, it's from BPS-250RDX ....

This is the pic :
    Attached Files

Comment

I have run across a series that appears to be branded as "Fu Lee". The name is written on the cap in script as two words. Nothing turned up in a Google search.

They are found in a cheapie ATX power supply, King Star KC-320.

The entire PSU is populated with these caps. Numerous values: 10uF,47,470,100,1000,2200. The odd part is the input filter caps are a pair of Samxon 220uF/200v type.

Comment

Re: Unknown Capacitor Brands - GERLIN

Pretty sure the company name is MERLIN GERLIN.
        Subsidiary of Schneider Electric.
        Primarily make power distribution equipment as in switchboards, breakers, transformers, and so forth for power plants and substations. They also make residential circuit breakers.
        Didn't know they made small caps....

Inside Taiwan they are MERLIN GERLIN.
        http://www.schneider-electric.com.tw/brand01.php

Outside Taiwan they are MERLIN GERIN.
        http://www.schneider-electric.com/si...rin-brand.page

Schneider Electric has other subsidiaries that manufacture PSUs.
        - Read at "In 1993, following the 1991 merger....."
        http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...8/ai_112640396

Mann-Made Global Warming.
        - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
        -
        You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
        -

Comment

SXT (CD 110 Series) and an unknown brand with an ellipse and two circles.
          Both found in a Zlone ZL-203 plugpack.
          Attached Files
          My first choice in quality Japanese electrolytics is Nippon Chemi-Con, which has been in business since 1931... the quality of electronics is dependent on the quality of the electrolytics.

Comment

Various cap brands I've found in Compact Fluorescent screw in bulbs:

Aishi
            HX
            Samwha

I wonder if the bulbs are dying because of the caps, maybe they'd last longer if the MFGs put better caps in.
            "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Anyone know who the mfg. of the cap pictured below? If not a well known brand then anyone know for what service the cap might be usefull for?
              Attached Files

Comment

Matsushita (Panasonic)

Good brand

Comment

The M in a box stands for Matsushita, aka Panasonic (a good brand). A 330uF @ 400v cap would be for an input cap for a power supply.

Comment

Anyone heard of TBOR caps? I saw a few in a D-link DSL-504T Modem Router. They all looked fine, but I don't think I still have them.
                    I love putting bad caps and flat batteries in fire and watching them explode!!

No wonder it doesn't work! You installed the jumper wires backwards

Main PC: Core i7 3770K 3.5GHz, Gigabyte GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP, 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600, 240GB Intel 335 Series SSD, 750GB WD HDD, Sony Optiarc DVD RW, Palit nVidia GTX660 Ti, CoolerMaster N200 Case, Delta DPS-600MB 600W PSU, Hauppauge TV Tuner, Windows 7 Home Premium

Office PC: HP ProLiant ML150 G3, 2x Xeon E5335 2GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, 120GB Intel 530 SSD, 2x 250GB HDD, 2x 450GB 15K SAS HDD in RAID 1, 1x 2TB HDD, nVidia 8400GS, Delta DPS-650BB 650W PSU, Windows 7 Pro

Comment

I found on old lan card RTL8139B (EDIMAX EN-9130TXA - type discovered from bar code on back side), board made in years 2000 - 2001 ( http://web.archive.org/web/200003011...ww.edimax.com/ ) (EN-9130A).

Here is 3 elyt capacitors 16V 22uF (4x8) with brand <BH> without series type. I foud, that is chinese Guangdong Jiahong Electronic Technology Co., Ltd product series BH,class CD110X.
                      http://e-cap.en.gongchang.com/product - BH-CD100X i found in datasheets archchive, actually it is possibly discontinued series.

But there is also one unknown black elyt capacitor - i can´t find brand and series.
                      16V,220uF,105°. (measured size 8,3x9,3)
                      Top of the temperature record is just a brand(?) "S.I." (or "S.1."?? or "S.l"??)
                      No other printed decription here.
                      What is it?Exist any datasheet for this?

Comment

Originally posted by zuhr14 View Post
                        But there is also one unknown black elyt capacitor - i can´t find brand and series.
                        Top of the temperature record is just a brand(?) "S.I." (or "S.1."?? or "S.l"??)
                        I think I found the website for the S.I. brand - but I am not sure where I put the link at the moment. I will get back to you later... BUT they don't mark series on the sleeve so the datasheets are probably useless.
                        "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                        -David VanHorn

Comment

I found on old lan card RTL8139B (EDIMAX EN-9130TXA - type discovered from bar code on back side), board made in years 2000 - 2001 ( http://web.archive.org/web/200003011...ww.edimax.com/ ) (EN-9130A).

Here is 3 elyt capacitors 16V 22uF (4x8) with brand <BH> without series type. I foud, that is chinese Guangdong Jiahong Electronic Technology Co., Ltd product series BH,class CD110X.
                          http://e-cap.en.gongchang.com/product - BH-CD100X i found in datasheets archchive, actually it is possibly discontinued series.
                          Your findings is a little different than the one here: コンデンサメーカー一覧サイト - B項目:. Looking at the datasheet, very much the there was predecessor (which is the one mentioned in my link). By the way, I've put up an attachment containing an old BH datasheet...

You can refer to this, although seems the official manufacturer website was not stated there: コンデンサメーカー一覧サイト - S項目:...
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by lexwalker; 12-25-2013, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Here is BH sheets archive:
                            http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/BH/

other their site(home?..):
                            http://www.gdjiahong.com/

This company several times change the name from "X" to "Y" to the current(?) name.I traced it with Waback machine.

S.I.
                            "the official manufacturer website was not stated"
                            Good manufacturers - they faces, that doesn´t exist
                            - they possibly as part of Jiahong Electronics Technology Co., Ltd

Comment

Heh, i found it:
                              Google questition: "s.i. brand capacitors".... (without quotes)
                              and second result

S.I. = Hong Kong company Transfull Limited (web history from 2005 to 2013,established in 1994)
                              http://transfull.com/en/product_c.html
                              if page is not accessible, try it with hidemyass proxy
                              or
                              http://web.archive.org/web/200411080...transfull.com/

Comment

Heh, i found it:
                                Google questition: "s.i. brand capacitors".... (without quotes)
                                and second result

S.I. = Hong Kong company Transfull Limited (web history from 2005 to 2013,established in 1994)
                                http://transfull.com/en/product_c.html
                                if page is not accessible, try it with hidemyass proxy
                                or
                                http://web.archive.org/web/200411080...transfull.com/
                                Ah, that's the one I was thinking of but couldn't remember the name... But since they don't mark series on the capacitors, the datasheets don't help!
                                "Tantalum for the brave, Solid Aluminium for the wise, Wet Electrolytic for the adventurous"
                                -David VanHorn

Comment

Originally posted by Agent24 View Post
                                  Ah, that's the one I was thinking of but couldn't remember the name... But since they don't mark series on the capacitors, the datasheets don't help!
                                  It does not matter. I compare measured sizes with their datasheets and select series with corresponding sizes,V,uF and temperatures. From this I select one series with max ripple current value from their ranges. It help me, if recaps is need.

But many of old S.I. series sheets contained in the series chart, is missed in archives ( or not accessible by Wayback machine ).
                                  http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/S.I...%20Limited%5d/

Comment

If you need datasheets for missing S.I series in archives, you can use the SANCON datasheets. ( Haimen Sancon Electronics Co.,LTD. )

Datasheets for S.I. and SANCON are 100% identical by content(the same export name of series). For view the JPG datasheets, switch to the chinese language and enable referrer in browser.

http://www.sancon.com.cn/product.php

=> S.I. = SANCON.

Comment

"PROCON"
                                      Is a brand I've never seen before until now.
                                      Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Wondering if'n anybody seen this brand before. Go no hits online for the brand or series.
                                        Last week, pulled these out of a washing machine a few years old, maybe a Samsung, filtering a SMPS for 5V.

Brand AV, series ESC 105'C
                                        2 x 2200uF 10V readings were .4 and .57 ohms around 1600 uf's.

Yesterday, buddy brought me another board from a dryer (different brand) and had the same AV brand cap both pre bridge and post SMPS, They all checked Ok and the problem for the dryer was non cap related.

However, wondering on the brand I've not seen.
                                        cheers
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by pfofit View Post
                                          Wondering if'n anybody seen this brand before. Go no hits online for the brand or series.
                                          Last week, pulled these out of a washing machine a few years old, maybe a Samsung, filtering a SMPS for 5V.

Brand AV, series ESC 105'C
                                          2 x 2200uF 10V readings were .4 and .57 ohms around 1600 uf's.

Yesterday, buddy brought me another board from a dryer (different brand) and had the same AV brand cap both pre bridge and post SMPS, They all checked Ok and the problem for the dryer was non cap related.

However, wondering on the brand I've not seen.
                                          cheers
                                          I've never seen it either but after a bit of googling I came across a couple retailers such as aliexpress that brought up the name 'Arcotronics'. After looking up that name and ESC i found the datasheet for that cap as Arcotronics uses the same exact logo.. 'AV'. Arcotronics was purchased by Kemet a while back for $23million so won't be seeing the AV logo in production anymore.

Brand: Arcotronics / KEMET
                                          Series: ESC
                                          Model#: ESC228M010AL3(AA)
                                          Diameter: 13mm
                                          Height: 20mm

Datasheet also attached for your perusal. The first is the original Datasheet by Arcotronics, the second by Kemet after they bought Arcotronics. The ESC is still being produced and have the same specs. Just different labeling accordingly.
                                          Attached Files
                                          Last edited by chozo4; 07-30-2014, 08:49 PM.
                                          Even crap caps can be useful... such as blank rounds for prop gunfights.

Comment

Working...
                                          X