Dell 2000FP Vertical greenish lines on screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell 2000FP Vertical greenish lines on screen

Ok I have the monitor above. Its a great monitor, but after a few recent lans it has had some green lines in the screen. The first time they went away after awhile but now they are here to stay. I personally thing something is loose but I cant for the life of me get this thing apart.

I was wondering if anyone has delt with one of these models before and how they opened them and also has anyone had this go wrong on their monitor. My monitor is still functional but these lines are annoying in game.

I could really use some help here is a link below to a picture of my monitor

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...lr%3D%26sa%3DN

Re: Dell 2000FP Vertical greenish lines on screen

Bump I only want to know if anyone has been able to get into one of these lcd's i think i can fix it if i can get in it.

Comment

That will be the most impressive repair ever. Please definetely reply if you are able to reatache that part of the monitor drive.
      I'll mention the opening procedure for my 1901FP.
      remove mount from rear, four screws.
      Start on bottom and gently pry off all around rear panel and once unhooked remove.
      Pay close attention to the control buttons, on mine they are snapped into front bezel,
      Your choice to un snap the small thin board or unplug it from either end.
      Remember I'm describing the 1901 and telling you the case is a snap together.
      Once in everything is straight forward. I have never had access to the kind of equipement required to make that repair. If anyone knows a DIY for the reattachment please share..
      Jim

Comment

might be as easy as reseating the connectors from panel to board.

Comment

yeah thats what i was hoping but my monitor is so sealed shut its crazy. it has four screws that i can find easily then it still wont come open. ir efuse to believe that something is really wrong with it. or i would be having more serious problems.

Comment

Originally posted by arneson
            That will be the most impressive repair ever. Please definetely reply if you are able to reatache that part of the monitor drive.
            I'll mention the opening procedure for my 1901FP.
            remove mount from rear, four screws.
            Start on bottom and gently pry off all around rear panel and once unhooked remove.
            Pay close attention to the control buttons, on mine they are snapped into front bezel,
            Your choice to un snap the small thin board or unplug it from either end.
            Remember I'm describing the 1901 and telling you the case is a snap together.
            Once in everything is straight forward. I have never had access to the kind of equipement required to make that repair. If anyone knows a DIY for the reattachment please share..

What reattachment might u be talkin about? putting it back together or somethin more internally?

Comment

If you have pixel sized lines on the screen, the damage is between the glass and the driver, really small pressure connections,from factory.
              These are so delicate that the slightest tug and they are done and any moisture will also create the lines. I don't know of a repair technique for these?
              I you have large stripes across the screen then kc8 would be correct to check the plugs ahead of the screen connections.
              In my business it's water and sun damage to the screens, sometimes they're baked sometimes salt water sneaks under the front bezel.
              I'll see if I can get some pictures to show you better what I'm talking about.
              Last edited by arneson; 10-10-2006, 11:46 AM.
              Jim

Comment

These are the orange ribbons that kc8 was telling you to reseat, yours will probably be different but you get the idea.
                These lead down under to the actual display and those connections are the ones I say I cannot repair. I'm not going that deep on this because the screen is badly scratched, otherwise I would have repaired this.
                The other picture is the problem with this monitor and I believe it's common.
                The logic board is hot and failed, I found the board for $49 but remember the screen scratches.
                I post the third power supply w/six tube ccfl inverter in case anyone needs this. Since the machine is parted out I'm offering this up, all the voltages are there and those are capxon caps.
                I disassembled it just now again and wanted to mention the front bezel has to come off, buttons removed and then the rear frame and back cover just comes away.
                Attached Files
                Jim

Comment

Solved problem I got a Hanns.G 19" Wide screen monitor. I did take apart this monitor made all the connections again and it didn't change so I was under the impression that it was the panel. Surprisingly I get better frames in games now that i switched.

Comment

I am resurrecting this old topic, as i got the same monitor with the same failure and i have the same problem to open it.
                    If i got it right, i have to pull of the front bezel by starting on the bottom corners with a screwdriver and then i can remove the rear ones (after removing the four screws).
                    It seems to me, that this procedure will not be possible without leaving some traces from this procedure.

If someone can confirm this, then i will try it again, with more force and more confidence

For the electronic part i have the feeling that this could be fixable, but ok, on this part i think i will see when i have opened it up.
                    Last edited by gonzo0815; 01-20-2008, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X