Sync-on-green

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sync-on-green

Every SGI I own uses the bloody standard and it's really annoying.
    The only compatible SOG monitors I own are my 21" IBM P201 monitors and my one bad SGI monitor for my Personal Iris, all of which are used in a constant basis.
    I have so many regular VGA monitors floating around it's not funny however they don't accept the SOG standard and do nothing when connected to an SGI.
    Since regular VGA uses a separate Sync line, how hard would it be to separate the sync signal from the green pin? I need four or five of these too.
    Find Nedry!

Check the Vending machines!!

<----Computer says I need more beer.

Re: Sync-on-green

I think it should be possible with a few simple signal spliter.
    E.g. a smith trigger or may be a simple, fast diode to separate the negative sync signal, then may be a lo pass filter to seperate the H and the V sync (V sync ist a mutch higher frequency).
    Then add some TTL level shifter and may be an polarity inverter and your done.
    It is not that i could make this circuit in a few minutes, but if someone is trained with basic TTL level conversion, it should be not that hard.

Comment

I'm pretty sure they make adapters to connect specific models of Sun systems to VGA monitors.

In fact there is a seller on Ebay, "deepspacecables" I think, that sells different adapters. I would assume that some have sync converters built in, and some do not, since they claim there are different types of adapters for certain systems.

One that seems to support SOG is item #150152186197.

Comment

If you are implying about the 13W3 connector then I am prepared.
        deepspacecables looks expensive.
        Find Nedry!

Check the Vending machines!!

<----Computer says I need more beer.

Comment

Working...
        X