E153FPf problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E153FPf problem

Hello everyone. I have a dell E153FPf monitor that decided to stop working. I did a search and didn't find much info on my monitor that has the all in one board like the link below.

click here for picture

The monitor turns on and has a solid green light but the backlights don't turn on. The backlights never flicker on at all. The capacitors looked good but I swapped the large ones out anyway and I re-soldered every joint on the board. I am not sure if it is worth replacing the little 47uf/16v caps as well. Nothing changed with the new caps and re-solder job. The main fuse (T2A/250V) looks to be good as well. This is where my limited abilities end and I look to consult others. I don't see anything obviously damaged so I need so help on where to start checking things out.

I included two pictures. The back of the board has a little bit of rosin that needs to be cleaned up but no burns, dark areas, or cracked joints. The top looked normal to me but maybe someone will catch something.

Thanks.

Re: E153FPf problem

Originally posted by vonviener
    Hello everyone. I have a dell E153FPf monitor that decided to stop working. I did a search and didn't find much info on my monitor that has the all in one board like the link below.

click here for picture

The monitor turns on and has a solid green light but the backlights don't turn on. The backlights never flicker on at all. The capacitors looked good but I swapped the large ones out anyway and I re-soldered every joint on the board. I am not sure if it is worth replacing the little 47uf/16v caps as well. Nothing changed with the new caps and re-solder job. The main fuse (T2A/250V) looks to be good as well. This is where my limited abilities end and I look to consult others. I don't see anything obviously damaged so I need so help on where to start checking things out.

I included two pictures. The back of the board has a little bit of rosin that needs to be cleaned up but no burns, dark areas, or cracked joints. The top looked normal to me but maybe someone will catch something.

Thanks.
    It's a little hard to tell anything from those pictures. Try this: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1868 There may be a fuse between the 12V supply and the inverter.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

I had this problem on an E152FPb, one day the backlights just didn't come on, but the power button was green.

Re-soldered all of the transformers and replaced the blown Pico fuse with another fuse (a radial type I think) of the correct rating and it's been working fine, nice and bright for the last couple of times I've used it.

Took me about a year to get round to finding another fuse to rob out of something
      Due to the fuse being a different type, I had to solder it onto some wires, insulate it all and then solder to the board.

Comment

Hopefully better pictures....
        Attached Files

Comment

Hopefully better pictures....
          Much better, thanks. This design makes troubleshooting a lot more difficult, but here's a try. First of all, you didn't explicitly state that the power LED responds to the power button.If it does, continue.

Next, hook it up to a computer and verify that you can see the desktop (or other computer generated display) when a bright light is shined on the screen. If you can, you definitely have a backlight problem. Again, continue.

These tests must be done with the power ON, and preferably the monitor hooked to a working computer. Please be very careful, while it is unlikely you would get a fatal shock, it could jangle your nerves.

On the bottom of the board I have labeled two points 1 and 2. These should be the On / Off and brightness signals from the the display controller on the other end of the board. Try to measure the voltage on these points relative to ground (the mounting hole above and to the left of the points). Try this with the power LED on, and again with it off. Also, there is a heavier trace also coming from the display controller. What is the voltage on that point? And rounding out the bottom of the board, there is a very heavy trace just to the left of PS, 1, and 2. That appears to be the supply for the inverter drivers. What is the voltage there?

Now for the top of the board. Just to the right of L804 is a point I have labeled IP and marked with a red circle. What is the voltage there? And lastly, I have marked U1 with IC in red. That is the Inverter Controller. What is the part number?

PlainBill
          Attached Files
          For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill
            Much better, thanks. This design makes troubleshooting a lot more difficult, but here's a try. First of all, you didn't explicitly state that the power LED responds to the power button.If it does, continue.

Next, hook it up to a computer and verify that you can see the desktop (or other computer generated display) when a bright light is shined on the screen. If you can, you definitely have a backlight problem. Again, continue.

These tests must be done with the power ON, and preferably the monitor hooked to a working computer. Please be very careful, while it is unlikely you would get a fatal shock, it could jangle your nerves.

On the bottom of the board I have labeled two points 1 and 2. These should be the On / Off and brightness signals from the the display controller on the other end of the board. Try to measure the voltage on these points relative to ground (the mounting hole above and to the left of the points). Try this with the power LED on, and again with it off. Also, there is a heavier trace also coming from the display controller. What is the voltage on that point? And rounding out the bottom of the board, there is a very heavy trace just to the left of PS, 1, and 2. That appears to be the supply for the inverter drivers. What is the voltage there?

Now for the top of the board. Just to the right of L804 is a point I have labeled IP and marked with a red circle. What is the voltage there? And lastly, I have marked U1 with IC in red. That is the Inverter Controller. What is the part number?

PlainBill

Sorry, had a bunch of stuff come up.

1. Power LED responds to power button. Works like normal.

2. When hooked up to a computer the image is displayed on screen like normal but no back light.

3. I am not sure if I am doing it right but I received no readings using my multimeter on the spots you highlighted. Front or back. I put the ground on the empty screw hole and the positive in the little hole. Nothing...... Tried ac and dc with monitor on and off. Zip. Like I said though, I am probably doing something wrong. I will try again tomorrow just to be sure.

4. ic is:
            0Z9RRAC <- or G not sure
            0452A1

Thanks.

Comment

Sorry, had a bunch of stuff come up.

1. Power LED responds to power button. Works like normal.

2. When hooked up to a computer the image is displayed on screen like normal but no back light.

3. I am not sure if I am doing it right but I received no readings using my multimeter on the spots you highlighted. Front or back. I put the ground on the empty screw hole and the positive in the little hole. Nothing...... Tried ac and dc with monitor on and off. Zip. Like I said though, I am probably doing something wrong. I will try again tomorrow just to be sure.

4. ic is:
              0Z9RRAC <- or G not sure
              0452A1

Thanks.
              1 and 2 are good news. You have a backlight problem.

We will have to investigate the problems measuring a voltage. It would be nice if there was no voltage to measure; power supply issues are easier to troubleshoot than inverter issues.

The inverter controller appears to be OZ9RRAG, but other than a notice of patent infringement, I have had little luck finding information on it.

PlainBill

Comment

The OZ9RRAG and the OZ9930 is the same chip. I have seen these chips on Dell E177FP and swap the two to confirm that they are indeed the same chip. So I confirm that the OZ9RRAG and the OZ9930 work when I swap either chip from the inverter circuit. I also made measurement to confirm and noted pin out on both during operation. But there is very little data on the OZ9930 too. But I have a pin out of the OZ9930 I will post later in the evening

Hope this help
                ecking767

Comment

Tried it again and got results. I had to hold the tips just right to get a reading.

1 = 3.30v dc on and 0v dc off

2 = 3.30v dc on and 3.30v dc off

PS = 5.02v dc on and 5.1v dc off

Thick trace = 12.24v dc on and 12.24v dc off

IP = 12.24v dc on and 12.24 dc off

Comment

Originally posted by ecking767
                    The OZ9RRAG and the OZ9930 is the same chip. I have seen these chips on Dell E177FP and swap the two to confirm that they are indeed the same chip. So I confirm that the OZ9RRAG and the OZ9930 work when I swap either chip from the inverter circuit. I also made measurement to confirm and noted pin out on both during operation. But there is very little data on the OZ9930 too. But I have a pin out of the OZ9930 I will post later in the evening

Hope this help
                    ecking767
                    Thanks for the information. I'm looking forward to the pinout.

PlainBill

Comment

IC chip problem perhaps???

Comment

IC chip problem perhaps???
                        Maybe, but I'd bet on something mundane, like a bad solder joint, broken wire, or user error (Just threw that last in to see if you are paying attention).

PlainBill

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill
                          Maybe, but I'd bet on something mundane, like a bad solder joint, broken wire, or user error (Just threw that last in to see if you are paying attention).

PlainBill

LOL.

I didn't have much luck tracking down a replacement ic chip. Which might be the problem (shot in the dark) or one of the problems (too depressing to think about).

Comment

sorry for the late post. here what I have on the oz9930 pin out

Hope this help
                            ecking767
                            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks!

Originally posted by ecking767
                              sorry for the late post. here what I have on the oz9930 pin out

Hope this help
                              ecking767

Comment

bonjour
                                j ai problemrectroeclaurage au moniteur dell e152fpb d'ou vient la panne merci

Comment

[QUOTE = abdo; 130158] bonjour
                                  j ai probleme retro-eclairage au moniteur dell e152fpb d'ou Vient La Panne merci [/ QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by abdo View Post
                                    bonjour
                                    j ai problemrectroeclaurage au moniteur dell e152fpb d'ou vient la panne merci
                                    Quel est le problème?

PlainBill

Comment

salut
                                      avez vous une idèe sur cette panne merci, très inportant
                                      retro-eclairage mème panne que celle qu'avait mr maluko75,vos conseils merci pour la rèparer merci

Comment

Originally posted by abdo View Post
                                        salut
                                        avez vous une idèe sur cette panne merci, très inportant
                                        retro-eclairage mème panne que celle qu'avait mr maluko75,vos conseils merci pour la rèparer merci
                                        Hello,

You must apply the same repairs we suggested to Maluko75. I have attached a corrected picture.

RED circles 2SC5706 or 2SC5707. Test; if shorted replace with 2SC5707.

Blue circles FU9024N. Test, if shorted replace with FU9024N.

Green circle 3 Amp Picofuse. Test, if open replace with 3A, 125V picofuse.

Yellow circles - resolder all pins on the transformers. This is very important.

A complete kit of parts is available here.

Bonjour,

Vous devez appliquer les mêmes réparations que nous a proposé de Maluko75. J'ai joint une image corrigée.

Les cercles rouges ou 2SC5706 2SC5707. Test: si court remplacer par 2SC5707.

Blue cercles FU9024N. Test, si court remplacer par FU9024N.

Cercle vert 3 Amp Picofuse. Test, si elle est ouverte remplacer par 3A, 125V picofuse.

cercles Jaunes - ressouder toutes les broches sur les transformateurs. Ceci est très important.

Un kit complet de pièces est.

N'est-ce pas Google Translate merveilleux? http://translate.google.com

PlainBill
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X