Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Digikey service

Originally posted by KeriJane
    Also, they send you a real Doorstop of a catalog for free with your first order. There's nothing like having it on paper.
    I wish they'd send me one of those. I've ordered from them a few times, including some expensive stuff, but never got a catalog.

But I get new catalogs from Jameco every 3 months. The contents never changes they just put a new cover on it.

Comment

Re: Ibm Netvista 6569

Originally posted by zandrax
      @ PCBONEZ:
      With bust are you referring to a strike/demonstration, a street fight or an inmportant meeting e.g. of heads of state? Did you remember where and when it happened?
      Zandrax
      I was in Italy 4 or 5 times in 1986 when Libya was causing problems. My carrier's battle group was in the Pursian Gulf and then Vice President Bush (the first one) came out and negotiated with the countries involved to allow most of our battle group to go from the Indian Ocean through the Suez Canal into the Mediterranean Sea. (In fact Bush was on my ship a couple of times.)
      All 'the fun' was over by the time my battle group got there to relieve one of the others but we stayed there for 2 or 3 month waiting for the next Battle Group due from the East Coast to relieve us. - West Coast based ships ending up in the Med. is extremely rare. US Warships (especially a Carrier) going through the Suez Canal I don't think had happened before ever.

Me cause trouble. - No. [for a change]
      I was just walking down the street going somewhere that looked interesting on the tourist's map and there was a big commotion going on in some store (think it was) right next to my destination. There were about 6 cops standing outside with rifles with LONG clips and I thought that was pretty cool so I brought up my camera to take a snap shot. One of the cops saw me and trained his rifle on me. I figured I'd just go somewhere else about then.

Mann-Made Global Warming.
      - We should be more concerned about the Intellectual Climate.

-
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
      -
      You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
      -

Comment

Re: Digikey service

Originally posted by gdement
        I wish they'd send me one of those. I've ordered from them a few times, including some expensive stuff, but never got a catalog.

But I get new catalogs from Jameco every 3 months. The contents never changes they just put a new cover on it.
        I think it's a check box on the order form.

Mouser will send you theirs on CD.
        All you have to do is go to their site and request one.

-
        Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

- Dr Seuss
        -
        You can teach a man to fish and feed him for life, but if he can't handle sushi you must also teach him to cook.
        -

Comment

Originally posted by PCBONEZ
          I was in Italy 4 or 5 times in 1986 when Libya was causing problems.
          Libya fighting against Chad or supporting Iran?

There were about 6 cops standing outside with rifles with LONG clips and I thought that was pretty cool so I brought up my camera to take a snap shot. One of the cops saw me and trained his rifle on me. I figured I'd just go somewhere else about then.
          I think something serious happened in that shop before your arrival, maybe a robber killing a shop clerk or a brawl gone awry (rival soccer supporters are famous for brawling and aggressiveness): something that justified the presence of six carabinieri (Corpo dei Carabinieri is a branch of Italian Army acting as a police force: I don't think normal cops are allowed to use rifles or machine guns).
          However I'm sorry and apologize for this dangerous encounter: it shouldn't have happened.

Zandrax
          Have an happy life.

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_El_Dorado_Canyon

Thinking back on it I remembered a little more. [It WAS over 20 years ago.]
            The place I was going WAS where the cops [Carabinieri?] were at. [Not next door.]
            There at least as many cops inside as outside.
            The store had donated some floor space to be used as a temporary/special tourist center just for the visiting fleet. [Tour sign-ups, maps, city guides and that sort of thing.]
            I heard later on that what happened was some of our sailors got scammed and 'rolled' [beat up] in there.
            - Italian Authorities probably called it an "International Incident" and called out the Carabinieri to send a message to other 'undesirables' in the area.

Anyway.
            Those things happen everywhere and that was but a few seconds out of DAYS and DAYS of a good time. I got to Rome, the Vatican, the Vatican Museum, the Colosseum, the Pantheon, the Forum, St Peter's Basilica, the Sistine Chapel, Pompeii, and probably a half dozen other places I can't recall right now.
            - - I LOVE old buildings!
            I was fascinated that some of the things seen in movies or on TV that seem through that medium to be paintings on walls are actually tiny bits of colored tile fitted together in a mosaic. AMAZING!!

Italy was a great place to visit!

-

- Dr Seuss
            -
            -

Comment

Hi!
              I recapped my motherboard with LZ Rubycon capacitors.
              The computer works fine.
              Thank you all for the informations.
              See you soon.
              BYE!

fastdius
              Attached Files

Comment

The store had donated some floor space to be used as a temporary/special tourist center just for the visiting fleet. [Tour sign-ups, maps, city guides and that sort of thing.]
                I heard later on that what happened was some of our sailors got scammed and 'rolled' [beat up] in there.
                - Italian Authorities probably called it an "International Incident" and called out the Carabinieri to send a message to other 'undesirables' in the area.
                I don't remember it: no surprise since I wasn't born yet at the time
                I dug into newspapers' archives: the only article involving sailors was the one about a mutiny on an oil tanker near Venice which happened August, the 2nd 1985: ten drunk sailors first refused to obey to their captain then set the ship on fire. Luckily firemen doused before fire could reach the oil.
                Found nothing involving US Navy, Army, marines, other sailors or such: I suspect the incident was quietly hidden and forgotten. For this reason I apologize again.

At least I'm happy you enjoyed the tour.

Zandrax
                Have an happy life.

Comment

Working...
                X