• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy, new to this forum and it looks awesome

Comment

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi Everyone,

Finally stopped lurking and registered, after being sent to this site a couple of hundred times from Google searches - fantastic content!!

I am just getting started in electronics as a hobby (my day job is computer programming) and in particular interested in repairing stuff.

Fixed my first TV today, a 40" Samsung LCD I picked up for $20 - 2 bad caps replaced, then was such a rush to see it power up and working first go!!

Anyway I have some questions about a plasma I am working on, but need to get a video up first as I don't quite know how to describe the problem for Google to give me the answers I need, lol.

Comment

Hi, Im new to this forum and trying to get my account set up my name is Frank

Hi, My name is Frank from EHT NJ trying to get my account set up so I can get some help with my Toshiba V28A00096201 POWER BOARD. Thank you

Comment

Hello. I am Karl Ricker. I like to fix things whenever possible. I am better with mechanical things than electrical, but I am always looking to learn.

Comment

Hi, thanks for letting me join the forum
            I only found Badcaps from a Google search for a service manual but it looks like somewhere I should have known about before.
            I have been in electronics for over 40 years, mainly pro-audio recording-studio gear, and I was the electronic designer at Rebis Audio back in the 70s and 80s.
            Now mainly doing audio and computer repair work plus web design.
            Hobbies include R/C models, photography, computers and most recently ham radio.
            I look forward to reading through some of the threads on here and possibly answering questions if I think I can contribute anything useful.
            Don Stewart, Halesowen, UK.

Comment

Hello all,

Recently found this forum after fixing a few TVs and rooting for answers on Google. Quite often my answers where right here. Now I've got a my own problem which are can't find the solution yet.

Comment

Hi guys, I'm Eric from Rick Electronics in NYC and I'll try the best I can to help anyone in need.

Comment

Hi from Canada, just trying to fix my TV! Thanks

Comment

Hello name is Julio from winnipeg, mb, canada, recently tried replacing a y sus board to fix no picture but has sound on my 60pk250 lg plasma to no avail. Still no picture am hoping to talk to some people on here and get restrictions removed so i can fix this big guy! Looking forward to having all these excellent resources available. Thanks =)

Comment

Hey everyone. Amateur repair guy over here.
                      As many here I can't help but to feel as if I went the same path as many of you. I have been lurking the forums for quite some time but never really signed, so I'm familiar with some of the faces around.

Anyway
                      What started as tinkering with anything I could get my hands on eventually developed into a way to get money while in college and now. Into a small
                      and occasionally profitable business.
                      I call it a non profit for profit lol,because I honestly only make about enough for gas after fixing something.
                      Oh well. I got my other job for subsistence.
                      Apart from that I am passionate about politics and world cultures. I hope to one day be a polygot, currently learning Chinese simplified ofcourse.
                      So here's to learning as much as I can.
                      Have a wonderful day!

Comment

Hello Everyone,
                        i am an EE major and work prof as an embedded/software/hardware engineer.
                        I like to repair things in general. recently pulled out old a broken psu wanted to fix it and also keep refreshing my knowledge. I came across this forum while searching for bad capacitors and looks like this is great place to exchange knowledge and learn.

Comment

Hello! I'm t0nito, I'm an electrician and I also do some elecronic repairs as a hobby, hope to learn a lot from this forum!

Comment

Hello

As an introduction, first of all, i'm french (so i will do my best to write correct English, but in some case if it is not true, please let me know it will help to learn)

looking for guidance on some plasma screens that went down nearly a the same a few days ago... i will open a thread if possible.
                            i used to study electronics a long time ago ...

Regards

Karl

Comment

Hello all! No formal training in any of this, but I have dabbled in electronic home repairs in the past. I just finished re-capping my vintage AR-91 speakers which are burning-in in the background as I type. Now I'm ready to tackle the Panasonic Plasma that only wants to play for 20 minutes or so before taking a rest. Looks like a great site, thanks for being a part of it!

Fritz

Comment

From Belleville,Ontario....hoping to get some help testing a tv.

Comment

Hello from Canada,

I have a Panasonic plasma that I'm trying to fix!

Thanks,
                                  Alex

Comment

Hi all:
                                    I`m from Alta Gracia-Cordoba-Argentina.
                                    I`m in the electronics service repair field from more than thirty years and holds the official service of a lot of the most important companies in the LCD field.
                                    Hope I can help in some way.
                                    Thanks a lot for letting me be part of this technical community

Comment

Hello all, I'm here to help better understand and correct my TV

Comment

Black 60pv450 - ready to join up

Hey guys,

Pretty much all of my Google searches for help with my 60v450 have ended up here. (or a dodgy mirror of here)

So, been following advice and moving (slowly) forward.

Have years of piddling with GPUs for computers and last week my Plasma went black. Might as well put the soldering equipment to use.

Comment

Hi Everybody..

i have newly registered to this site. I cam across this group vie search. i am looking for repairing my LG47LE5500 TV set that has the screen turned off after some time.

The flash test shows there are images being formed.

Looking for assistance with part number of this tv set.

Comment

Working...
                                          X