Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus k55 Cpu V-core short with cpu in and not without it

Hello

I've got that strange issue the laptop boot for a few second and turn off , i checked the power rail and Cpu V-core wasn't there i removed the cpu and i tried again and i got Cpu V-core rail but i'm guessing without the cpu the laptop is not going to work not happening right ?

So it could be a short cap , but i can be also something else wich is connected to the cpu but not near the cpu area ...

As there is a lot of pin and trace connecting the cpu to the rest of the mobo .

So what can be the problem and how to check it .

This is not a obvious short to ground ...

Re: Asus k55 Cpu V-core short with cpu in and not without it

Originally posted by Kiop View Post
    Hello

I've got that strange issue the laptop boot for a few second and turn off , i checked the power rail and Cpu V-core wasn't there i removed the cpu and i tried again and i got Cpu V-core rail but i'm guessing without the cpu the laptop is not going to work not happening right ?

So it could be a short cap , but i can be also something else wich is connected to the cpu but not near the cpu area ...

As there is a lot of pin and trace connecting the cpu to the rest of the mobo .

So what can be the problem and how to check it .

This is not a obvious short to ground ...
    Without the CPU will not work when you say boot up does it go’s to BIOS
    With out the CPU V CORE coil voltage?
    Last edited by Techtiger; 03-06-2019, 05:46 AM.

Comment

Hello

No is not going to the bios ,

Yes no cpu on the socket , i got Cpu V-core on the coil and no short to ground .

And with cpu on the socket no Cpu V-core on the coil and i got short to ground and if

press the power buttun the laptop start a few second and stop .

Comment

Sounds like a short internal to the CPU if there is no short without the CPU in socket. I'm assuming you do not have another CPU to try?

Comment

You should try with a another working CPU like Brew99 say internal short might be the cause

Comment

Yes i tried it but the Cpu is fine , working on a other mobo , tried also with another cpu same case ...

My guees is some other part on the mobo wich is connected to the cpu wich become short to ground with the Cpu ...

But i really don't know .

Comment

Hello

No is not going to the bios ,

Yes no cpu on the socket , i got Cpu V-core on the coil and no short to ground .

And with cpu on the socket no Cpu V-core on the coil and i got short to ground and if

press the power buttun the laptop start a few second and stop .
              With cpu in socket you are supposed to get zero resistance on coil-so thats not a indication of short. Without cpu , it should not show short but a preety low reading is likely on vcore coils and thats fine.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                With cpu in socket you are supposed to get zero resistance on coil-so thats not a indication of short. Without cpu , it should not show short but a preety low reading is likely on vcore coils and thats fine.
                So may be i wasn't clear if i tried to power up the mobo with a cpu in the socket i got no voltages after the coil of the cpu v-core just 0 volts the mobo tried to start but stop after a few seconds .

But without a cpu in the socket i got 0.9 volts after the coil of the cpu v-core and the mobo don't stop .

It's why i think there a short somewhere taking the voltage of th cpu v-core .

But i really don't know ...

Comment

Nodody has encountered the same case because have got also a asus A55 with same symptoms ...

Comment

So may be i wasn't clear if i tried to power up the mobo with a cpu in the socket i got no voltages after the coil of the cpu v-core just 0 volts the mobo tried to start but stop after a few seconds .

But without a cpu in the socket i got 0.9 volts after the coil of the cpu v-core and the mobo don't stop .

It's why i think there a short somewhere taking the voltage of th cpu v-core .

But i really don't know ...
                    it is normal if u have something bad on board. power up process stop before processor voltage is activated

Comment

nop not yet uplode a pic of the Mob there is a way to test CPU socket one buy one
                      if you have titanium caps in V CORE line change them to give a try

Comment

titanium caps?

Comment

just a suggestion do first the basics. bare mobo with memory and lcd screen, replace memory with known good one. if you said there is no cpu v core. look around the cpu power ic section and check around it. it will probably heat up if there is a short.
                          Never stop LEARNING because life never stops TEACHING!

Comment

Working...
                          X