Dell Port replicator glitch/issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dell Port replicator glitch/issue

I've been having some weird behavior with one of my laptops at work. Before you ask, our IT department doesn't do hardware much... hell I think I may know more than them on some things :p

Anyway, the laptop is a precision 7710 and I'm using a E series port replicator (USB3.0 version). The issue is that after a reboot or sitting for several hours, my 3rd monitor running off the display port just seems to loose signal and goes to sleep. Re-seating the laptop on the port replicator temporarily fixes the issue, only if I give enough time for the main display to reset after removal.

I have a spare port replicator, and swapping didn't help. As far as I know the dock connector is OK. I've also swapped display port cables, which also had no effect. My 2nd monitor on the DVI port always seems to work.

Weird Nvidia/Intel driver issue? As per the Nvidia control panel the monitor in question is running direct from the Nvidia chip (Quadro M3000M), while the other two (main display and 2nd monitor) are running off the Intel HD530. I'll see if I can nab a driver update.

Edit- I'm running windows 7 x64 Pro on this.

Ideas?
    Last edited by ratdude747; 02-25-2019, 12:49 PM.
    sigpic

(Insert witty quote here)

Re: Dell Port replicator glitch/issue

Updated the Nvidia driver... 3rd display cut out in the middle of the install, was dead until I reseated after rebooting. We'll see if the new driver fixes it for good.
    sigpic

Comment

Did it again, no bueno. Not the Nvidia driver (unless this was broken in a prior version that hasn't been fixed).
      sigpic

Comment

Check for a bios update, look at the changelog/fixes there`s been 16 bios updates so far .
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Working...
        X