Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need help reading a schematic.

Originally posted by stj View Post
    343' seems high, i solder at 310' with lead-free solder.
    So 310 celsuis would be what? 590 F, right? I'll lower it to 590 F and see how that works. I had it set a bit high for desoldering and just never set it back. Thanks!
    -- Law of Expanding Memory: Applications Will Also Expand Until RAM Is Full

Comment

i use 310 for everything other than low-temperature soldering with 5% silver solder.

Comment

i use 310 for everything other than low-temperature soldering with 5% silver solder.
        Thanks! I'll give it a shot later. I usually was using 600F for the soldering when I was using the silver stuff and then 650 when I was desoldering. I'll give the 590F (310C) a shot and see how well that works.

Comment

I tried the 590F (310C) and it worked but took a bit longer to melt the solder. Is there any dangers to using a higher temp? When I set it to 630F (332C), that seemed to work the best.

Comment

10 boards down, two more to go!!!! Then I just need to find some solderable flat pieces of metal to attach them all together.

Comment

to find the best temps, look at the datasheets for the solder & flux.

Comment

to find the best temps, look at the datasheets for the solder & flux.
                Will do.

Comment

Working...
                X