YH-853AAA soldering station any good ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YH-853AAA soldering station any good ?

looking to buy a hot air gun but found this instead which would be lots better if any good and worth the money .
    anybody use one ?

Re: YH-853AAA soldering station any good ?

Looks like a cheap £30 hot air gun above a pre heater with a crappy iron attached.

Comment

anything better for similar price ? might go to £200 for right tool .

Comment

What are you after ? I'm looking looking to upgrade my hot air station to a Quick 861DW.
        I have one of those hot air stations with the pump in the base, whilst it's ok, it tends to be a little inconsistent with the heat.

Comment

just need something that works .i do very little right now but with tools that can do it for me i might well do more . 2 jobs now waiting for at least hot air gun . pre heater looks a good thing to have on tap . adjustable iron with all those tips looks handy too ..apparently this is a hakko copy .

Comment

It depends if the iron is a good or poor clone. The poor ones have a gap between the element and tip so poor conductivity. I have 3 of those types here I don't use, I bought a £25 T12 clone and a handful of tips for around £3 each and it's so much better.

If you want some cheap hot air, I'm sure the 858D+ has been mentioned around here and other places as an ok piece of kit. It's around £30.

The only time i'd want to use a pre heater would be doing BGA rework on laptops and TVs, that thing is to small for them. It might be ok for phone work..

There are many T12 clones available with a few different style handles. The best one I have found is this one in this link. The other handles I've seen are much clumsier to hold. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2018...2857177827.htm

Comment

seeing a white page from link .. i need something soon .. i looked at hot air only then thought led changing . etc .

Comment

i could work around a decent hot air blower for now .. .. that is what i was looking for first . selected low price first and saw shite things . so went other way . i like antex but cant afford it ..top class company .

Comment

Ooops https://www.aliexpress.com/item/QUIC...857152188.html

I've used a cheap hot air station for a few years now, and apart from slight variations in it's temperature from one day to the next it does the job. It's type with the pump in the base rather than the handle.I shall however be getting a Quick 861DW fairly soon though, it's a little over £200. https://eleshop.eu/quick-861dw-hot-air-station.html

Comment

was wondering if in case any part failed out of warranty if it could be easily repaired with higher grade parts ?

Comment

I doubt it. And what higher grade ? It's cheap hot air and a cheap iron, a t12 cartridge based iron is an upgrade from the one on the all in one and is £30. The hot air can't be upgraded.

I got a hot air and iron station similar to the one in the photo with the tips that go over the element. I used it once and unplugged the iron as it was garbage. I bought a t12 iron and have been very impressed. I've used both for a couple of years now and whilst neither has let me down, I'm hoping to buy a Pace ADS200 and the Quick 861DW.

Comment

my iron in use is fine so dont care about it ,, antex 30w i think .. 1mm tip too big so need smaller . one blob of solder brings the solder sucker into action . luckily i dont need to get too close with it . leaves pins properly soldered after small touch ups .. i need this thing for component removal and replacement of such as bga or soldered behind . or soldering with paste .or a simple reflow to correct my shit work thats connected fine anyway . i have more work stacking up if it will do it ..
                        i did read into this a bit and looks like hakko copy .. so would hakko plug in and is it any better ? it all looks the same in the pics .. wish it was like old days when you could go and look and maybe try it first ...

Comment

Looks like Hakko, but will be like all the other clones, large gap, so poor thermal transfer and next to a £30 t12 a steaming turd. The t12 cartridges are also Hakko clones, but are far superior.

Comment

bloody living nightmare trying to save the planet ... suppose i could use fit for purpose clause if its really crap .

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
                              Looks like Hakko, but will be like all the other clones, large gap, so poor thermal transfer and next to a £30 t12 a steaming turd. The t12 cartridges are also Hakko clones, but are far superior.
                              +1000000

T12 is the way to go. Calling those cheapo irons with 900M tips (the type that slides over the heating element) as shit is an understatement. Even my 30 Watt Radio Shack iron with its worn out small Copper pencil tip is more powerful and easier to use. Unless you're a pro at machining and can make your own copper tip with a very tight fit for those 900M irons, you're better off not getting one.

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
                                bloody living nightmare trying to save the planet ... suppose i could use fit for purpose clause if its really crap .
                                Or take the advice and avoid the Chinese all in one piece of crap and buy individual tools that are cheaper over all and will be better quality.

Comment

Did you checked the "Makita HG551V 1020-Degree Heat Gun"? This is one of the cheapest(£80.76 ) and best hot air gun I found. You can get it from various eCommerce stores.

Comment

Originally posted by radcliffkaty1 View Post
                                    Did you checked the "Makita HG551V 1020-Degree Heat Gun"? This is one of the cheapest(£80.76 ) and best hot air gun I found. You can get it from various eCommerce stores.
                                    thats a paint stripper gun

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
                                      thats a paint stripper gun
                                      LOL

It can still work, though, as it has variable heat output and not just "high" and "low" settings like most cheaper heat guns. It's probably going to take a few boards as victims before you get used to the tool and figure out what temperature and airflow give the best results, though. I'm already doing that with a regular cheapo 2-speed heat gun that I got for $20, and I can reflow most things easily without overheating/burning anything.

For £80.76, though, you really can just buy a hot air station instead and not have to worry. And if you need more heat, then get one of those cheapo 2-speed heatguns, and use perhaps as a bottom heater on the low setting. Here in the US, you can find these for about $10 in Harbor Freight Tools (not the best quality, but they do work), or $20-30 in other stores.
                                      Last edited by momaka; 07-04-2018, 11:51 AM.

Comment

have been looking at this one .. i like antex https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Soldering...IAAOxy3HJTHt8n

Comment

Working...
                                        X