Denon AVR-2308 no sound/video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Denon AVR-2308 no sound/video

Anyone have this unit? All of a sudden all hdmi no signals, surround sound not working. Power is working fine, all relays clicks as they should. Only stereo sound works for tuner and RCA for L and R. As for hdmi, no sound or anything at all.

Already checked all output transistors, seems fine. All fuses seems fine. I could only narrow it to the HDMI board as thats what processes the surround sound and HDMI signals.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Per Hansson; 02-26-2018, 10:00 AM. Reason: Offsite image uploaded

Re: Denon AVR-2308 no sound/video

Try heating the BGA chip.. just like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0806W5jh_PY

Comment

The thing is nothing related to hdmi is working both audio and video. Even the rca video outputs not working. Only rca in audio works with stereo and direct. So that means the amp section has no fault. Clearly it narrows to hdmi board.

Comment

The BGA chip IS on the HDMI board. However I have the same fault on an Onkyo and am suspecting the HDMI switch IC but have not yet confirmed it.

In your case it's the Silicon Image IC top center. Try to find the datasheet and check if the voltages are present.
        Last edited by mmartell; 03-08-2018, 04:02 AM.

Comment

When i plug in hdmi input, it shows hdmi icon on the display n the amp. But no output.

Comment

Haven't got a clue how the chip is designed to operate - it's possible yours is in a partial failure mode.

Comment

Working...
            X