Acer V5-551 Bios Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Acer V5-551 Bios Problem

Hi i have a Acer v5-551 that has no display. I think I have traced down to bios chip. I have found on this site already the new bios dump but have no schematic. I just want to verify with someone it is U14 or if someone has schematic.
    Any help would be great

Board DA0ZRPMB6C0
    REV:C

Re: Acer V5-551 Bios Problem

Post a picture of that chip, its easy to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by jesse james View Post
      hi i have a acer v5-551 that has no display. I think i have traced down to bios chip. I have found on this site already the new bios dump but have no schematic. I just want to verify with someone it is u14 or if someone has schematic.
      Any help would be great

board da0zrpmb6c0
      rev:c
      bios
      Attached Files

Comment

My bios chip is dead. Are there other chips that can be used and then programmed to this board or do I just have to buy one from ebay?
        Any help out there
        Thanks

Comment

How do you know the bios chip is dead, and which programmer are you using .
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I took it off board and backed up bios file with ch341a programmer then erased chip and installed new bios. Then soldered back and would not turn on laptop. I then desoldered chip and put back on programmer and it won't read anything and does not even tell me type of chip or anything with ch341a software.
            I then tried another laptop bios chip and it reads it fine with no problems.
            I don't think I burned the chip but it is dead and will not read/erase/ect.
            Last edited by Jesse James; 10-15-2018, 10:00 AM. Reason: add more

Comment

It isn`t necessarily the bios chip thats fauly.The CH341A has some problems with the software .Read post #127 https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...=CH341A&page=7
              Try different software versions or use flashrom. When you write a bios file with the CH341A ,read it back and compare it with the bios file (Verify).

EDIT: If you`re using a sop8 clip that can lead to problems too.
              Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-15-2018, 10:48 AM.
              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                It isn`t necessarily the bios chip thats fauly.The CH341A has some problems with the software .Read post #127 https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...=CH341A&page=7
                Try different software versions or use flashrom. When you write a bios file with the CH341A ,read it back and compare it with the bios file (Verify).

EDIT: If you`re using a sop8 clip that can lead to problems too.
                you are totally right,had the same issue with this clip.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...ght=bachir2004

Comment

Okay so i have reflashed bios chip, tried multiple ram chips and done a reflow of graphics chip to see if anything changes but still black on screen and vga. How do i know what signal is being sent to post laptop.
                  Any help?

Comment

You might have done more damage by reflowing the gpu.If you suspect the gpu is faulty heat it up but not to the point of reflowing the solder. Heres a link to the schematic:
                    http://www.s-manuals.com/motherboard/quanta_zrp
                    After a quick google search it seems a common point of failure on this board is L35 ,a ferrite bead.

Comment

Thanks SMDFlea. Thats exactly what it was. I resoldered it and now working. It literally came off the board. Confirmed fix for me

Comment

thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X