Pioneer hifi XV-EV1000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pioneer hifi XV-EV1000

I have a pioneer hifi thats not playing discs anymore. Ok so i took it apart, cleaned the lens, replaced a new belting and cd started playing perfectly. The laser seems bright as well. BUT dvd playback failed, says no disc. When dvd inserted, the motor spins really fast, and stop, then fast again it stops. Then NO DISC appears. Does this mean the is dying? The pickup has no pot either to adjust

Pickup part number - OWX8060
    Last edited by DjKrish; 02-15-2018, 07:46 PM.

Re: Pioneer hifi XV-EV1000

Yes, my crystal ball says it is a bad laser. CD and DVD use different wavelengths so there are 2 lasers inside that pickup, which explains why it works for CDs.
    Originally posted by PeteS in CA
    Remember that by the time consequences of a short-sighted decision are experienced, the idiot who made the bad decision may have already been promoted or moved on to a better job at another company.
    A working TV? How boring!

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
      Yes, my crystal ball says it is a bad laser. CD and DVD use different wavelengths so there are 2 lasers inside that pickup, which explains why it works for CDs.
      Yes thats right, there's 2 lasers inside. Oh well, time to source out a new pickup then. Thanks man.

Comment

Update: Ordered pickup from china, very identical to original, looks clean and red laser working but still not playing DVD, only CD. What more could be wrong? The pickup was not cheap as well since its original Anyone can help me?

Theres no pot to adjust either. So its in original condition setup.

I had 2 hifi. one is Panasonic and another is Pioneer. Both pickup problem. Reads CD but not DVD. Both new pickups arrived, replaced and tested, STILL dvd not playing, only cd is playing. This is the weirdest. The panasonic had a single pot, try higher and lower, still same only cd playing. Reverted back to original pot setting.

When i try playing a dvd on both unit, it spins, i can hear the laser trying to read but it stops, then spins again then stops then says NO DISC.
        Last edited by DjKrish; 03-16-2018, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Usually on new pickups there are solder pads that are shorted to protect the optics, this short needs to be removed before the pickup works.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
            Usually on new pickups there are solder pads that are shorted to protect the optics, this short needs to be removed before the pickup works.
            Already remove the lock, if not it wont play cd.

Comment

Do you have a scope to check the eye pattern coming from the pickup?

Comment

Thats the only thing i dont have

Comment

Working...
                X