A1278 820-2565-A EMC 2554 Clean Bios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A1278 820-2565-A EMC 2554 Clean Bios

Hi Im glad i landed on this forum, i was looking for unlocked clean bios for my MBP Mid 2012 13'

Model: A1278
    Board: 820-2565-A
    EMC: 2554
    Bios: MX25L6406E

Thank you in Advance.
    Last edited by p0lyX0r; 04-15-2019, 08:15 PM.

Re: A1278 820-2565-A EMC 2554 Clean Bios

here you go
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ardeyalex View Post
      here you go
      Great bro, thanks for sharing, but i do tried this one already,this is same file i downloaded from Polytek post.

Here's the link of my MBP Shutdown issue.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...102#post892102
      Last edited by p0lyX0r; 04-16-2019, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Mabe you have smc problems, the bios is tested by me many times. you can look for water damadge on motherboard or try to reheat smc

Comment

If it powers up and stays on as stated in your original post, the bios is not what you need to be concerned with it's not the issue. It could be anything . Whats the history here? Liquid damage? Dropped? etc.

Comment

I just bought this from a guy online who is leaving out of the country, bought it with out hardrive, battery and memory. I checked the board looks clean too no sign of water damage. Can you guys give me test point where i need to check for proper voltage, resistance, etc.

Edit: I tried booting on refit efi menu selecting terminal playing some cmds & just leaving it in there and its like nothing is wrong going on. Its stays powered on for long time.

Is it still considered as SMC issue? or Bios issue? Do i really need to clean ME Region? as this one i havent done yet. Only serial and hash i change on the file i downloaded.
            Last edited by p0lyX0r; 04-17-2019, 04:33 PM.

Comment

Update: I tried removing keyboard flex ribbon and press the power button VOILA! it works! I am posting this update using this same Macbook Pro, with USB keyboard.

Every time i turn it on i have to use SMC Bypass method. (With the magsafe disconnected press and hold the power button. While continuing to hold the power button plug in the magsafe connector. Continue to hold down the power button for 5 to 10 seconds. Release the power button and wait a couple of seconds. Now press and release power button.)

Confirmed i have SMC Issue with keyboard flex attached. Any hardware guru would like to help?

Comment

Bump.

Tried looking google for shorted keyboard with out replacing SMC chip, and i landed with no direct answer. Might you guys here will help me to solve this problem in a quick & easy way to fix.

Here are few things im looking for answers.
                *Connection rails from keyboard connector up to SMC ic.
                *Which Capacitor that supplies power and might this one is faulty.
                *Need your expertise advice for fixing this with out replacing SMC ic.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by ardeyalex View Post
                  here you go
                  thanks you it works

Comment

Working...
                  X