Asus X42J bios dump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asus X42J bios dump

Good day guys. Do you have bios dump for this laptop? Motherboard code is K42Jr rev 4.1. Laptop came to me with no power. Found out dc jack is busted so I replaced it and now laptop has power. When I press power button all lights are normal but there's no display on screen and external monitor. Tried multiple memory modules but same result.

It seems that motherboard is reacting because when laptop it turned on, fan will not spin unless it reaches a certain temp. I think gpu would be less an issue here because owner mentioned it was working before power went out. Owner also mentioned laptop has not been used for over a year since it lost its power. Hope someone has. Thanks very much!

Re: Asus X42J bios dump

try and post results
    Attached Files

Comment

ok I will try this alihomee. thanks. for the meantime, this is bios file extracted from chip.
      Attached Files

Comment

tried your file alihomee but still no go. I downloaded file from asus website and its smaller, only 2mb file. Dump extracted from chip is 4mb.

Comment

what is the problem

Comment

if this bios does not work, then its not bios related problem
            Attached Files
            Im Back... sort of...

Comment

i think it was different file. if i look with HxD at address 3FF34C is K42JY (stock) and your file at address 3FF34C is K42JE. but i don't know...maybe different model and not working. just my opinion

and ala_borbe was fix it
              Attached Files
              Last edited by meritosari; 10-27-2015, 03:13 AM. Reason: ala_borbe was fix it

Comment

ok I'll try ala's file. If it doesn't work, I'll do a mild reflow on gpu. I already checked all voltage and values are good.

The owner mentioned that he was watching movie, then he moved laptop on a different location then suddenly it turned off. When I disassembled laptop I found dc jack broken, solder cracked from trace. I rebuild it then got the laptop to turn on. Thats why I'm considering the gpu as the least faulty one but not impossible. I'll update you asap guys. Thank you very much to all.

Comment

asus dc jack solder on motherboard often breaks.... i try to have 5-6 at hand at all times... often pad lifts, so you have to solder directly on coil or cap
                  Im Back... sort of...

Comment

Since the problem is no longer related to bios, I will close this thread and start a new one. Thanks for all the help!

Comment

Thank you very much for this file

Comment

Ala_borbe You r the genious.Your Bios File is 100% okkkkkkkkk .......Thanks for upload sir .............

Comment

thanks a lot

Comment

Working...
                          X