Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dead no response. No lights at all. Got 3v at pwr button, But 0v at bios pin 1,8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dead no response. No lights at all. Got 3v at pwr button, But 0v at bios pin 1,8

sorry to butt in have you checked the usb's for damage

Comment

Re: Dead no response. No lights at all. Got 3v at pwr button, But 0v at bios pin 1,8

BIOS data must have been correcpted that's why no RSMRST# 3.3V back up OLD BUMP and flash Bios , test pin 100 of U11 ohms

Comment

On this board EC firmware is embedded inside EC. If the EC is blank it'll get flashed automatically from BIOS when power is first applied. If it's not blank but corrupt, that may not happen, so the EC will need to be reprogrammed manually or replaced.

Also on those HP you have to make sure the AC adapter is recognized properly.
        OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
          On this board EC firmware is embedded inside EC. If the EC is blank it'll get flashed automatically from BIOS when power is first applied. If it's not blank but corrupt, that may not happen, so the EC will need to be reprogrammed manually or replaced.

Also on those HP you have to make sure the AC adapter is recognized properly.
          merci

Comment

O.K. Folks,

piernov nailed it with the ac adapter. I had ordered some universal charger tips and they hadn't arrived till yesterday. Laptop started up with ac adapter tip. Did not know this could be a factor.

I want to thank techtiger for the input given. I was forced to read schematic that I dread because I don't know what all the engineering terminology means or points to.

Again, thanks for all the help, and I need to study up on schematics and terminology for sure!

One last question. Where on the schematic do I look to find out why there was no 3v at bios when using bench power supply?

Comment

Working...
            X