This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Ok, I hope this is where I'm supposed to post as I couldn't find a post button lol. Hi guys, I'm John, living here in New Orleans, always been a inquisitive tinkerer, especially when it's came to electronics. Learned everything I know about repairing lcd and led TV sets from here. Lol. I'm one of those can do anything guys that if I don't know how, I'll learn it. I need to make my first post, after hanging out for a while because I have a issue that I'm not knowledgeable and have exhausted all my other resources.

Comment

Hello, new to this forum but looks like a great resource. I am just a hobbyist, well probably more like a tinkerer. Started playing around with electronics in my early child hood with Dick Smith electronics kits and pulling apart everything and anything I could get my hands on that wasn't going to get me killed either because of mains voltage or my parents because I destroyed something they spent their hard earned money on.

Spent my teen years playing around with 8 bit computers, but primarily a Commodore 64 user, so spend time tinkering with C64's and 154x drives, REU's and other bits and pieces.

Comment

Hello!

My name is Josh Pickeral. I am from Southern Maryland.

My friends call me "Pick" (same as my username).

I stumbled upon your forum, this evening, hoping to find information pertaining to troubleshooting a SONY stereo receiver of mine which has recently began displaying a "PROTECT" error.
        [[I'll copy a link, here, to the post.]]

About me: I'm 35, I play bass guitar and I'm a die-hard "Washington Redskins" Fan (American football).

Though I'm new here and haven't browsed around much, yet.. I'm excited and look forward to, hopefully, having found a place full of helpful people and information (if / when my electronics might break on me)..

Here is a couple photos of me (likely playing my bass guitar):

x

-Pick

Comment

Hi, everyone. I came to the forum looking for information on repairing my monitor. This site seems to be great resource.

Comment

Hey from Sly in London!

Comment

Hello friends , I love working on computers and also learning to repair laptops motherboard. I have learnt a lot from this forum and I hope to continue to be an active member so that i can enhance my knowledge.

Comment

Hello from Croatia!

Comment

I came looking for some information about fixing broken LCD monitors. The content included in the forums here looks very helpful. Thank you for the resource.

Comment

I'm from argentina and just blew a monitor psu , wanted to ask you guys a few questions about it.

Comment

Hi-
                      I just found this forum as I am trying to do a repair on a 'parts' MacBook laptop.
                      I've done a fair bit of electronics building, but nearly all of it has been 'big' stuff - tube audio amps and the like.
                      So looking at boards through 10X is a whole new world for me!

Comment

I'm from Italy and I serching the schematic about HP model ahl50/abl52 la-c701p. ance
                        Thanks in advance

Comment

yo

Comment

Hey, I have repaired some caps before, in an older vizio, and need help with another TV.

Making my first comment so I can post!

Comment

Hey, seems like to good place to gain experience and knowledge in the hobby.

Cheers!

Comment

Tried to find info about reparing my tv and came upon this forum that seem to have loads of info on this matter. Also there seem to be alot of poeple with knowledge.

Comment

Hello friends! I want to learn how to repair. I think the forum will help me

Comment

Hi all. New member from northern New Jersey in the USA. I joined the forum seeking repair info on my Sharp 70-inch TV.

So far I have read lots of very helpful threads. A big THANK YOU to all the regular posters here for sharing their expertise!

Marty

Comment

Hey, this Forum is a valuable Resource for Repairs (Diagrams/Schematics etc.) so i thought i'll join after being a lurker for a over a decade.

Comment

I am Julius. Open Book! AMA

Comment

Hello all, glad to be here!

Keep an eye out for my silly questions with what some would consider to be simple solutions. Looking forward to asking them!

Comment

Working...
                                          X