Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lenovo T495s

Hello, I wonder if someone can help me.

I have read the 'before you post' stickied posts and wrote an introduction too when I joined.

This far, I have not participated much in the forum as I've only just been made aware of the community. I look forward to participating.

The reason I am here is through a requirement I have, fixing a pretty much bricked Lenovo T495s at this point.

I'm afraid my son and a friend of his have been trying alternative BIOS files to put linux on this fairly old Lenovo AMD Ryzen t495s.

Long story short, they have managed to restore the bios to it's original read (obtained from a CHA241 bios chip clip rerader) but the error they get is "0183 bad crc or security settings in EFI" which then asks for a password which we do not have or remember.

Is there more than 1 chip I need to read to get the password? I have tried reading the file through HIEW but to no great success.

Many thanks in anticipation of any help you might share.

Re: Lenovo T495s

Looking into this a bit further today, I've read over on youtube that the T49x range is specifically difficult to get into if you have cannot remember the password.
    Today I have also created an 'El Torito' boot USB but alas, cannot pass the error message "0183 bad crc or security settings in EFI"

Comment

Good job, old method not working for new models.
      AllService Romania has the solution but it is not free!

Comment

t495s seems to be an t495 and on t495 old solution works for unlock... after unlock maybe initialize eeprom with maintenance utility...

Comment

Ok, find solution, and share with me!!!!

Comment

I wish I had better news but no progress has been made here, not that I had anything new to try. More and more manufacturers seem to be going down this route which is a sincere shame. I'm not sure this benefits anyone in the long run, just creates more e waste for the planet. Looks like I'm going to have to trash this laptop which otherwise is in perfect condition just because of a software error. I wonder if I can just hand it back to Lenovo to recycle or something.

Comment

Didn't you try patching?

Comment

Re: Lenovo t495s

Hi guys
                Anybody have bios for this model
                Thanks
                fa391/fa491 nm-c181 rev 1.0

Comment

Originally posted by saeed.taba View Post
                  hi guys
                  anybody have bios for this model
                  thanks
                  fa391/fa491 nm-c181 rev 1.0

try
                  Attached Files

Comment

So very thank you
                    Of course model of my laptop is X395 but part number of main board is exactly this.

Comment

Originally posted by Saeed.Taba View Post
                      So very thank you
                      Of course model of my laptop is X395 but part number of main board is exactly this.
                      R u try this this bios is ok

Comment

Is any one has a good working bios for t495 ?

Comment

Its ok
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by nad&a servis; 06-18-2022, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Hi This is it8186-192 with password.It is possible to remove it?
                            Attached Files

Comment

It is done .This file now has no password
                              Attached Files

Comment

Hey I also have the t495s 20QJ with svp Password please help with patched BIOS
                                Autopatcher DOES NOT work; Beeping jingle and black screen. Now back on Locked Stock BIOS

Dump is attached. Please Patch <3
                                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by worsecaps View Post
                                  Autopatcher DOES NOT work; Beeping jingle and black screen. Now back on Locked Stock BIOS

Try ...
                                  Attached Files

Comment

The file you have provided does not work. it gives a bi bo beep boop bi bo jingle. anything else i can try?

Comment

The file you have provided does not work. it gives a bi bo beep boop bi bo jingle. anything else i can try?
                                      try maybe
                                      https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...postcount=1176

Comment

try this and follow steps described in autopatcher.
                                        Attached Files
                                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                                        all donations are welcome,
                                        see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                                        >>>>>
                                        click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                                        Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
                                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                                        X