Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issue with Westinghouse 19" LCD Monitor (large pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Issue with Westinghouse 19" LCD Monitor (large pics)

Crabs?

Anyway, I didn't know if the Taicon caps were better Quality or not since none of them are bulged. I took some more pics of the back of the board. let me know what part of the board and I can take very close shots if I can't find it myself.

Thanks,

Bob
    Attached Files

Comment

I can see 2 fuses
      F200 on first pic, at bottom in middle
      F102 on fourth pic, top left with a M or W on it
      suspect there may be a third possibly F101 (not sure about that)
      Last edited by Bobdee; 06-22-2009, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bcuda
        Crabs?

Anyway, I didn't know if the Taicon caps were better Quality or not since none of them are bulged. I took some more pics of the back of the board. let me know what part of the board and I can take very close shots if I can't find it myself.

Thanks,

Bob
        He refers to the 8 legged ICs near the transformer.
        If you can, replace those Taicon for Panasonics as a preventive measure.
        And check the fuses Bob describe. On the model discussed here before, with the different PSU from yours, F200 was the culprit. Check them both, F200 and the "W"/"M" one ...
        There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
        • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
        • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
        • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
        • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
        • Windows 10 Pro x64
        • GeForce GT1050
          2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

Originally posted by eguevarae
          He refers to the 8 legged ICs near the transformer.
          Nama could have at least drawn a couple of eyeballs on stalks on the end of them, and made it easier to understand
          Last edited by Bobdee; 06-22-2009, 04:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobdee
            Nama could have at least drawn a couple of eyeballs on stalks on the end of them, and made it easier to understand
            They are undercover .....
            There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
            • Windows 10 Pro x64
            • GeForce GT1050

Comment

look at the chips they have crabs on them. Or am I mistaken>>>???

I have a untested board for your monitor. Maybe you want it or parts off of it?.
              Attached Files
              ^Learning to walk on rice paper without leaving a trace,

Comment

That's Realtek logo. Not that one. This is microcontroller (aka minimalist cpu with few control outputs and few inputs).

The IC they were referring is FET drivers in 8 pin DIP package (on the inverter/power supply board). Black square, dot or notch for pin 1, with 4 legs on each side in parallel.

Cheers, Wizard

Comment

hello I need help, where can I found the service manual for this LCD monitor

Comment

Originally posted by telebrake
                    hello I need help, where can I found the service manual for this LCD monitor
                    Diffucult task. What problem do you have?
                    • Windows 10 Pro x64
                    • GeForce GT1050

Comment

I have an acer AL1916Wa LCD monitor, and it does not turned on. The power sorce and the controller card are the same
                      I have a monitor that has exactly the same source and the same control card, as yours, but mine does not turned on, I check the voltage of the source 13.8v and 5v are ok. what can I do.

Comment

I tested the two fuses. F102 is good. F200 is bad. It has a #3 on it as best I can tell. Where do I get one of those and how do I know the value of it?

A parts board would be great but I hope all I need are the caps, chips, and the fuse. I already ordered the mosfets off of Ebay.

Thanks,

Bob

Comment

I have a monitor that has exactly the same source and the same control card, as yours, but mine does not turned on, I check the voltage of the source 13.8v and 5v are ok. what can I do.

Comment

I would suggest starting a new thread. even if you barrow bcuda's pictures. It gets very confusing for people to reply to multiple questions from multiple people in the same thread.
                            Last edited by Nama; 06-22-2009, 10:07 PM.
                            ^Learning to walk on rice paper without leaving a trace,

Comment

I have an acer AL1916Wa LCD monitor, and it does not turned on. The power sorce and the controller card are the same
                              Open a new thread with the Acer model ....
                              • Windows 10 Pro x64
                              • GeForce GT1050

Comment

Originally posted by bcuda
                                I tested the two fuses. F102 is good. F200 is bad. It has a #3 on it as best I can tell. Where do I get one of those and how do I know the value of it?

A parts board would be great but I hope all I need are the caps, chips, and the fuse. I already ordered the mosfets off of Ebay.

Thanks,

Bob
                                F200 as in our models ....
                                Get new caps, MOSFETS and I think the fuse is either 3 or 4 amps (that info is around this or the L20146NV thread that I started). Mine is bridged with solder.
                                • Windows 10 Pro x64
                                • GeForce GT1050

Comment

Just an update, The caps and fuse are in. Waiting on the chips to come USPS. I thought they would be here today but not luck. Maybe Monday.

Bob

Comment

Got the mosfet's in today. The monitor works great!

Thanks for all of your help guys!!

I will be checking back here frequently.

Thanks again,

Bob

Comment

Congrats !
                                      • Windows 10 Pro x64
                                      • GeForce GT1050

Comment

The fuse on the bottom of the power supply board is a 4amp surface mount fuse. Mouser.com carries them, they are part number
                                        652-SF-1206F400-2

We have repair many of these units and every time its the caps, mosfets and the fuse.

Buddy

Comment

Originally posted by cclla
                                          The fuse on the bottom of the power supply board is a 4amp surface mount fuse. Mouser.com carries them, they are part number
                                          652-SF-1206F400-2

We have repair many of these units and every time its the caps, mosfets and the fuse.

Buddy
                                          Agree : caps going south kill the mosfets, that in turn blow the fuse.
                                          And I recall seeing the part # and amp rating somewhere around here, just can't remember where. Thanks for the info, man!
                                          • Windows 10 Pro x64
                                          • GeForce GT1050

Comment

Working...
                                          X