Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LG 47LV5500 - No picture, no back light, no sound, powers on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LG 47LV5500 - No picture, no back light, no sound, powers on.

Hello Budm
    Yes it was a convection oven.

I currently have a main AV board that appears to have a connection problem in that I can get the set to power up if I put finger pressure on the main controller chip. I don't want to put it back into the oven and melt the plastic parts and caps like last time so I'm going to attempt it this time with the hot air soldering station I have.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dick_barton; 04-08-2016, 02:54 PM.
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

you put the finger push on the processor and it work, but this dosnt mean the bad soldering exactly at the processor, from here come the idea of heating complete boards, and the packing for people whom don't owned hot air station as normal user not workshops.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
        Hello Budm
        Yes it was a convection oven.

I currently have a main AV board that appears to have a connection problem in that I can get the set to power up if I put finger pressure on the main controller chip. I don't want to put it back into the oven and melt the plastic parts and caps like last time so I'm going to attempt it this time with the hot air soldering station I have.
        I have a similar board out of my dads Tv with failed solder joints, I was going to try hot but getting it properly reflowed by someone who has a Bga station. Only problem with hot air is burning the solder pads off due to the heat not being that well focused.
        Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Hello Diah,
          You are correct that it may not be the processor but somewhere around the IC but after quite a bit of checking it does appear to be centered around that area of the IC. I don't need to place very much pressure on the chip for the set to burst into life again.
          I believe a reflow would resolve the issue but I don't know anyone who could do it for me and I'm not going to attempt the kitchen oven reflow again.

I think I may use my soldering iron and touch up as many solder joints I can in that area.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
            I think I may use my soldering iron and touch up as many solder joints I can in that area.
            hello dick_barton, yes its awful if heating going bad at simple way described over this post, if you dont own hot air station, any soldering hot air gun which use at other purpose can be used too, but the air pressure of it will be very high that need to to put heating plaster to clue and cover tightly all parts on boards of both top and down side. to avoid parts moved from it position or fly out.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
              hello dick_barton, yes its awful if heating going bad at simple way described over this post, if you dont own hot air station, any soldering hot air gun which use at other purpose can be used too, but the air pressure of it will be very high that need to to put heating plaster to clue and cover tightly all parts on boards of both top and down side. to avoid parts moved from it position or fly out.
              He said soldering iron as the chp on his board is not Bga its pin soldered.
              Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

Comment

don't be funny to let other laugh on you...and don't quote my name again.... no time and mood to play with kids argue... did you with iron soldering re flowing SMT caps .res.l. Q on complete main boards before.. ???.. if you did before then you are the hero over here ReeceyBurger

Comment

DIAH yes DIAH I have reflowed Smd caps on mainboard before DIAH why do you not think I did DIAH so does that make me a hero DIAH ?

Comment

Also I think you need to stop being a baby BITCH on here and taking things to heart, if not your ASS will be getting banned soon and trust me wont be hard to do so as your pissing others off too.

It was not aimed viscously at you, if I wanted to insult you I could-easily. I was saying as the board in the image and the chip highlighted is not bga solder as you typed a huge comment about reflowing it. I was pointing that out to you. Now learn to put up with others on here and read what others say and dont take it to heart as its a PUBLIC FORUM or GET THE FUCK OUT !
                    Last edited by ReeceyBurger123; 04-08-2016, 04:57 PM.

Comment

I love the QUOTE BUTTON ON B.C.
                      Never stop learning
                      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

did you have problem with color letter prints writing ??? complete post 27

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                          did you have problem with color letter prints writing ??? complete post 27
                          Not at all thought it was probably just you fucking up typing again using google translate nothing new there

Comment

Originally posted by budm View Post
                            I love the QUOTE BUTTON ON B.C.
                            I love Diahs whiny BHITCHY comments all the time. Takes things to heart all the time dont he bud

Comment

Hes probably going to report my post like he did last time cry cry baby crying to admin

Comment

now that starts again...

Comment

Originally posted by CapLeaker View Post
                                  now that starts again...
                                  Can never catch a break with some people or ones that are wet blankets like him.

Comment

I have the exact same problem- LG 47LV5500 no picture/sound/back light.

Checked the voltages running over to the main board, look good.

No voltage to the T-CON board, so I think it's on the main board. It's ordered.

What I'm wondering is if it's possible, I mean... relatively easy to replace the main board with a more modern board? Probably should ask in a new thread...

Comment

One of the problems with changing boards is; what appear to be identical boards can have their SPI chip programmed to run a different make of LCD panel or even panel size as I have fallen foul of in the past. It may be possible to do what you are asking but I don't know.

Comment

Thanks.

Probably not going to do it yet, but it would be nice to upgrade firmware in older, still usable TVs, or even get into making cool main board upgrades for common TV models. That would be awesome.

I'm wondering about LED life now.

Comment

I just repaired one of these L.G. 47LV5400-UB, set would turn on/off, it had no back llight, sound or video (voltage for led+ was 36 volts) Scoping the lvds cables to the t-con had no signal at all. I fluxed & re-heated the main bga chip under the large black heatsink (main board), and the set has been working fine. (backlight voltages +54 when lit).

Comment

Working...
                                          X