• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The GOOD Capacitors Thread!!

I could use a few of these

Comment

Good capacitors "Ketucon." PSU board from satellite receiver made in 2007, in this board is 12 capacitors Ketucon. Testing this device - all in excellent condition - nominal capacity and ECP from 0.01 to 0.4 ohms.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by kasfamily; 10-26-2014, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Hi guys,

I am planning to change the capacitors on my 600W computer power supply. The input filtering capacitor as well as the output capacitors.

I would like to know which good capacitor brand is suitable for this kind of applications.

I don't know if you guys need the brand, cap size and voltage rate of the capcitors that are in the power supply. If you guys need that info, please let me know.

In the electronic store next to me they have those brands:

Cornell Dubilier, Elna, EPCOS, Kemet, Lelon, Nichicon, Panasonic, Parallax, TE Connectivity, United Chemi-Con and Vishay.

From what I have seen in high-end power supplies, they have some Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors and from what I can tell (from the research I've done) the United Chemi-Con is a subsid of Nippon in North America. However I don't know if they have the same quality.

Thank you in advance.

Regards.

Comment

I judge a cap manufacturer on the quality of their lowest tier caps. The "Big 3" never let me down. The only caps I buy

Nichicon
          Elna
          Panasonic

Comment

Rubycon?

Comment

Are nichicon PV supposed to look like this? It looks like a bung wasn't installed. Got them from Digi-Key
              Attached Files

Comment

^ You mean not a "typical" Nichicon bung.
                Yeah, most Nichicon I've seen usually have an "extended" bung, even if it is flat. But I don't know, maybe these are newer and built more cheaply? Yours looks exactly like the pictures on Digikey too. Hopefully someone who has tried these out can chime in and let us know.

Comment

Try scratching it. Maybe it's like the white power you get on erasers?
                  Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

The SV series caps (submini) are the same way.

I think the PVs are the same, but it's been a while since I've used those.
                    "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...
                    Originally posted by shango066
                    All style and no substance.
                    Originally posted by smashstuff30
                    guilty,guilty,guilty,guilty!
                    guilty of being cheap-made!

Comment

here are some good caps. Sprague!
                      they are bigger in real life!
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by goontron; 02-21-2015, 10:22 PM.
                      Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Originally posted by goontron View Post
                        here are some good caps. Sprague!
                        they are bigger in real life!
                        How did you get those?
                        Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

probably from an industrial rack supply judging by the datecodes.

Comment

No powder on them. I went ahead and just installed it. The specs were very close to the datasheet

Comment

Hello!
                              I need a good capacitor for a old vintage Tandberg Huldra 10 in the DC Output. There are a pair of MICRO 3300uF 85V old brand from 1973 and if any know what type I should replace them with. They are 35mm wide and 60 mm heigh. Snap in capacitor.

Comment

snap in with how many pins?
                                if it's 2, are they 10mm spaced?

Comment

Hay brother, i want some advice about caps

How about for caps 330uF from brand :
                                  1. STTECH
                                  2. AVX

Good or no ?

Many thanks

Comment

I think I have identified 2 bad capacitors on my Dell XPS 15 L501x motherboard. I believe they are 10 uF ceramic, from discussions. But I cannot find any other specifics, not even from Dell. I cannot find ones that are small enough, about 1 X 3 mm, on site listing capacitors. Anyone know where I can get these to try out?
                                    Thanks
                                    Last edited by parmax711; 07-14-2015, 03:18 PM.

Comment

This capacitor is a bit special, this is a single-phase motor of a bauknecht dryer. It seems to be nothing out of the ordinary, but has nearly 30 years and continues to run and starts the engine to the first.

Gaming pc:
                                      nVidia RTX 3080 TI, Corsair RM750I.
                                      Workshop PC:
                                      Intel core i5 8400, Intel SSD 256GB, nvidia gt1030, asus b365-a.
                                      Server:

Comment

Tried to post a help question on cap threads says not allowed! I have a old 42"LG problem with HTMI Port1 using sky box Some unknown reason port 1 won't work yet Htmi port 2 does then plays up after an hour, After looking over for the bad joints on the board couldn't find any issue how ever looking over on main power supply board There are 2 caps that look suspect cap 10v 2200 uf and cap 25v 470uf right by a plug that feed main board tuning right by htmi ports .. Would the culprit be the caps be the problem on power supply board ? I do have a image of the board but not able to upload here to show.. Thanks for any info

Comment

Originally posted by Barry56 View Post
                                          Tried to post a help question on cap threads says not allowed! I have a old 42"LG problem with HTMI Port1 using sky box Some unknown reason port 1 won't work yet Htmi port 2 does then plays up after an hour, After looking over for the bad joints on the board couldn't find any issue how ever looking over on main power supply board There are 2 caps that look suspect cap 10v 2200 uf and cap 25v 470uf right by a plug that feed main board tuning right by htmi ports .. Would the culprit be the caps be the problem on power supply board ? I do have a image of the board but not able to upload here to show.. Thanks for any info

Comment

Working...
                                          X