Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Asus Gl553VW turn on no windows boot

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
    In future please put all bios requests in the "Bios requests ONLY!" section - https://www.badcaps.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40 .That way the main laptop forum won`t turn to shit again with umpteen bios requests and dumps. Thank you
    Thank u for the headsup! Wil definatly do!

Comment

Alright so i have another question, if u update the bios does the EC also get updated ? i notice that the EC wil stay the same version no matter wich bios update is done ( 302-304-306) and what about the Vbios ( nvidea gpu ). cud that be something to look at ?

Link to foto in bios: https://ibb.co/GH73ppX

Also i run memtest succesfull with 0 errors.

Link to foto memtest: https://ibb.co/jJtmMRT

what else can there be checked for ? can it be some component that controls the harddrive ?
      Last edited by Pfudaniel; 02-20-2021, 09:00 AM.

Comment

OMG guys look what i found on the back of the damn board!

https://ibb.co/g7DYYZW

i made a visual inspection before posting al this, thanks to boardvieuw i found it. i was measuring some back parts components and look! il replace this part right now and wil post if it fixed the problem or not!

Comment

pfff problem is stil there..... doesnt boot into windows even after replacing...

it is C8102 on boardview...
          Last edited by Pfudaniel; 02-20-2021, 11:15 AM.

Comment

Check that capacitor nets in boardview... maybe there are other damaged components.

Comment

Originally posted by Smoxx View Post
              Check that capacitor nets in boardview... maybe there are other damaged components.
              wich nets ? the +ac_bat_sys or GND .

and what shud i exactly measure ? with ac adapter in or out ?

thanks i think were getting there !

Comment

+AC_BAT_SYS

Do you replaced the cap with 10uf/25v as specified in the boardview or with a random one?

Comment

+AC_BAT_SYS

Do you replaced the cap with 10uf/25v as specified in the boardview or with a random one?
                  i took 1 from a spare board, the cap is same size and colour. not sure if its exactly same one tho. What do u think?

if u think its better to order a new one. than il order also all the mossfets, and whatever there is on that ac bat sys?

Comment

For 19v rail the cap needs to be above that voltage, otherwise it won't handle. The same applies for all other rails.

If you know the rails of the spare board then you could pull a capacitor out from the 19v, test with MM and then replace. Otherwise, better order a batch of that specific cap online.

But before start making orders, make sure you tested everything according to boardview. Double check if needed.

Comment

For 19v rail the cap needs to be above that voltage, otherwise it won't handle. The same applies for all other rails.

If you know the rails of the spare board then you could pull a capacitor out from the 19v, test with MM and then replace. Otherwise, better order a batch of that specific cap online.

But before start making orders, make sure you tested everything according to boardview. Double check if needed.
                      Alright the pwm controller tps51225crukr ti qfn-20 is definatly not good, no clear reading on this, it gos up and down.
                      The capacitors show me all good voltage, also the one i replaced. Yes its from a 19v rails so shud be fine.

I will also order all the mosfets and uf caps and just replace them. I wil put my order Tomorrow so it shud arive before coming thursday.

Shud i replace the coils aswell or those dont really go bad? I know mosfets can go bad without a real sign of it.

Thanks again! I rlly appriciate u givin ur time to help me solve this!

Edit: ordered the full. +AC_BAT_SYS parts. was 58euro its worth a try! al from mouser
                      Last edited by Pfudaniel; 02-20-2021, 03:33 PM.

Comment

I had one time a laptop with a problem like this. It was an older Asus ROG. After some days I could not find the problem and when I almost gave up I found a damaged ribbon cable between keyboard and motherboard ... the cable made a short there. Check it ... you never know ...

Comment

Ordering the full rail is kinda overkill ...as we are not sure yet of the issue, but no problems with that, as the parts can be useful for other repairs in the future.

5v and 3v seem ok in the board. Try cleaning the TPS51225 with IPA and ESD brush and re-do the measures.

Also, I don't think the board would be able to run and complete memtest from USB in a faulty 5v rail (TPS51225). But repairs can be tricky sometimes and I could be wrong.

You have not answered yet if you tried to boot from UBUNTU live USB. This is important because it can give us useful info.

No need to replace coils in this case because all voltages are present on them. The same for the polymer capacitors, especially because replacing SMD polymers can be a real pain sometimes, so if they are good just leave it as it is.

It's also very important to take a rest to refresh the mind, so tiredness will not get in the way or lead us to mistakes.

We'll keep trying to sort this out
                          Last edited by Smoxx; 02-20-2021, 05:36 PM. Reason: typos...

Comment

Ordering the full rail is kinda overkill ...as we are not sure yet of the issue, but no problems with that, as the parts can be useful for other repairs in the future.

5v and 3v seem ok in the board. Try cleaning the TPS51225 with IPA and ESD brush and re-do the measures.

Also, I don't think the board would be able to run and complete memtest from USB in a faulty 5v rail (TPS51225). But repairs can be tricky sometimes and I could be wrong.

You have not answered yet if you tried to boot from UBUNTU live USB. This is important because it can give us useful info.

No need to replace coils in this case because all voltages are present on them. The same for the polymer capacitors, especially because replacing SMD polymers can be a real pain sometimes, so if they are good just leave it as it is.

It's also very important to take a rest to refresh the mind, so tiredness will not get in the way or lead us to mistakes.

We'll keep trying to sort this out
                            haha yeah ur totally right with this! il let it go for tonight and wait for parts to arrive, il just replace the TPS51225. but yeah probably its fine as it is. il leave the polymer capacitors and coils and change the rest

i havent tried ubuntu, i wil do that as soon windows dont work with the new parts. thanks !

Comment

Hi brother, I have same problem like you did you fix this?

Comment

Originally posted by Pfudaniel View Post
                                Thanks for ur respond !

yes im trying it from usb, windows is installed by now ( very lucky it came that far ) but cant get into windows it wil shutdown on the loading screen
                                ive tried the m.2 from my own laptop with windows installed on it, stil same issue.
                                It's like it thinks it's too hot!
                                ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Comment

didnt manage to fixit no, to much time wasted on it

Comment

Originally posted by Pfudaniel View Post
                                    didnt manage to fixit no, to much time wasted on it
                                    I quit too.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalpc View Post
                                      I quit too.
                                      Just a thought, I had a Asus with similar problem, but the cause was it was overheating. The motherboard and the bottom case formed the duct for the cpu fan. There was a rubber seal on the board that made the connection between the motherboard and the bottom case, and if the seal was not exactly in the right spot, it would leak enough that the cpu would overheat and shut down. There was markings on the board showing where the seal was supposed to go. Have you ran a program that shows cpu temperature constantly? The cpu on mine went from 50C to 80C in about 2 seconds.

Comment

I have the same problem, the problem is from the north bridge

Comment

i have the same problem but nothing visibly wrong under microscope. ive tried several operating systems but nothing works. can only go to bios

Comment

Working...
                                          X