Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Yusmart 229IP-P 22" LCD Monitor Dead

Originally posted by Whitey View Post
    Thanks retiredcaps for the link unfortunately I dont have a credit card or paypal account.
    ???.

If you click on the link I supplied, the document opens right up and I can read the document without any payment at all.
    --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

ok I'll try again it only showed me blank pages.
      thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Whitey View Post
        ok I'll try again it only showed me blank pages.
        thanks for your help.
        Try with google chrome or IE 8.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
          Try with google chrome or IE 8.
          Thanks you were right I changed to ie8 and had no problem was able to view it.
          It looks like I should have no problem doing my job now I have both service manuals.

I'll let you know how it all works out thanks for your help

Comment

I have still not managed to make any progress with the monitor

I think we were looking at the reset controller but with PlainBills comment....

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
            That shows a simple R/C reset circuit, although the board has provision for a reset controller.

PlainBill
            I assume the board doesnt look like it has one?

Comment

I think this monitor might be destined for the bin! I am not getting anywhere and the thread has gone all quiet.

Quotidian, did you ever get anywhere with yours?

Comment

Hi,

i have the exact same symtoms with my Novita 2205W Type#: L22BW monitor.
                All sec. voltages are ok.
                No power-LED at any time.
                Backlite comes up when shortening the transistor Q901 but no luck with the powerbutton and no picture shown on the panel when a pc is connected.

Regards

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by chris67 View Post
                  Hi,

i have the exact same symtoms with my Novita 2205W Type#: L22BW monitor.
                  All sec. voltages are ok.
                  No power-LED at any time.
                  Backlite comes up when shortening the transistor Q901 but no luck with the powerbutton and no picture shown on the panel when a pc is connected.

Regards

Chris
                  Is the Novita power supply the same as the Yusmart's? Regardless, you should have started a new thread and provided some good focused photos of the top and bottom of the power supply using the "manage attachments" button.

Comment

That reply has prompted me to dig the monitor back out of the cupboard and give things another go!

Comment

Hello there, I realise that this is a massive bump, I apologise if I'm doing the wrong thing but I have a problem with exactly the same model of monitor and all of the pictures and information posted by fusionmax apply to mine too. The schematic which was being used is here: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/78...x2235wm-3.html

My problem is slightly different. When I plug it in to the mains, the LED lights up green (as if it is out of standby) and the backlights come on. The display just shows black, I can't see any image at all. But at that point it completely locks up. Giving it a VGA signal does nothing, the buttons do nothing, and it never goes into standby when there's no signal as it normally would. When I was last using it there were no signs of problems, but the next day after being powered off at the mains overnight, it was doing this.

I've checked the voltages on the connector going to the logic board and they are as follows:

1 0v
                      2 5.21v
                      3 0v
                      4 0v
                      5 5.21v
                      6 5.21v
                      7 3.31v
                      8 0.02v
                      9 0v

so not far off from fusionmax's results except for pin 7. I realise that is the brightness control so I don't know if that could point to anything.

I took off a couple of capacitors from the 24v and 5v sections of the power supply board (C823 and C825) and checked them with an ESR meter, but they're fine. The only thing I did see was that one of the small green ones on the logic board did show an ESR of 0.76 ohms. Well it's 100uf 16v and according to my meter it should be 0.7 ohms or less. So it's not far off, would you say it was bad?

From here: https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...526#post130526 onwards there are mentions of an EEPROM and a reset circuit so I don't know if there's any way of inspecting those.

Any help would be much appreciated... I don't expect to make anyone to read through the entire thread, so if there's anything I've missed, which I probably have, please let me know.

Comment

Working...
                      X