Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung 910t

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
    Troubleshooting IS tedious, but is possible even without a circuit diagram. Removal of components is optional in most cases.
    I've removed the two transformers from the inverter board and measured the resistance of the primary and secondary side.

1. Transformer:
    primary: 0.3 ohm
    secondary: 1077 ohm

2. Transformer:
    secondary: 996 ohm

Transformers are identical type and part number.

In my opinion, the difference is quite big. Do you think there is a short between windings in the second transformer, or ist this still an acceptable tolerance?

Does this justify ordering a new transformer? Probably a problem to get the original transformer here in Germany.

Comment

Originally posted by voithian View Post
      I've removed the two transformers from the inverter board and measured the resistance of the primary and secondary side.

1. Transformer:
      secondary: 1077 ohm

2. Transformer:
      secondary: 996 ohm

Transformers are identical type and part number.

In my opinion, the difference is quite big. Do you think there is a short between windings in the second transformer, or ist this still an acceptable tolerance?

Does this justify ordering a new transformer? Probably a problem to get the original transformer here in Germany.
      The resistance of copper wire will vary depending on purity and diameter. Usually the number of turns in a transformer is controlled very closely. As a rough guide, I accept a 3% variation between transformers. You have more than double that. Yes, I would say that the second transformer has shorted turns. A ring tester would give positive proof.

It may be difficult to find a replacement; all I can do is suggest searching on the part number. There are some aftermarket transformers available for some inverters.

PlainBill
      For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Originally posted by PlainBill View Post
        It may be difficult to find a replacement; all I can do is suggest searching on the part number. There are some aftermarket transformers available for some inverters.
        I'll try to find one in the internet.

Thank you to everyone for their assistance.

Wolfgang

Comment

If you can show a close up of one of the tfmrs,showing Part Number,and number of pins etc...I have various Samsung spare Boards for spares etc,and willing to see if there is one on there for you.

Comment

Hello Rtech,

thank you for your friendly offer.

Attached you can find the pictures of the transformer (top and bottom).
            They are from a board with part number BN44-00106B.

Currently, I'm still searching in my "neighbourhood", since this is easier in connection with shipping the transformer.

But just in case I can't find anything suitable, it would be nice if you could check your "spare parts".

If you do have this transformers, could you please do me a favour and measure the resistance of the secondary windings? In-circuit measurement should give the correct values.

I'm asking this, because I originally thought, that the one with 996 ohms was the bad one and the other one with 1077 ohms was the good one. But then I read in a different forum, that a guy had two transformers (also 1704SG) with 996 ohms and both of them were good! Now I'm a little bit uncertain what the correct value is.

Regards,
            Wolfgang
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by IRShifty View Post
              mj19bs
              Hi, i don't know anything about these LCD, but i have a q: i was given a Samsung syncmaster 920n. When i turn it on it will flash and the power light goes out, i also hear a click. I think that it's coming from the power board. The number on the board is mj19bs, so would this mean i need a new one, if so where can i get one and what price. Thanx

Comment

Originally posted by dazny1234 View Post
                i was given a Samsung syncmaster 920n.
                Suggest you piggyback on this thread with the same model

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showth...highlight=920n

to keep everything separate. Also, post clear focused pictures of all your boards with a top down view (both sides).

See attachment instructions.
                https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1868
                --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Originally posted by joshuashsong View Post
                  Attached are the IP board with original capacitor. (DSCN4863.jpg)

After replaced with 4X Low ESR Suntan CD286 1000uF 25V, for 2X Samxon GF series 1000uF 25V & 2X Samxon GF series 1000uF 16V capacitor. Also replaced 1X Low ESR Suntan CD286 470uF 25V for the Samxon GF series 470uF 25V. (DSCN4885.jpg)

The following is the voltage measurements on the CN600

Pin 1 - 12.3V wrt pin 5
                  Pin 2 - 12.3V wrt pin 5
                  pin 3 - 0V
                  pin 4 - 0V
                  pin 5
                  pin 6 - 5.02V wrt pin 5
                  pin 7 - 5.02V wrt pin 5
                  pin 8 - 1V wrt pin 5
                  pin 9 - 3.36V wrt pin 5

The problem still remained the same, it goes to sleep mode (blank screen) when detected input signal on both Analog or Digital.

Attached is the Signal processing board. (DSCN4888.jpg) Just wondering whether I should try the following suggestion: attached a 50 ohm resistor across pin 5 & 6 for Novatek NT68F63LG IC?
                  Hi, i know it's an old post, but i need some help.
                  I have a burned component and need to know it's description.
                  Attached an image with missing part.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by fabfisc View Post

Thanks in advance
                      Please don't post pictures inline; use 'Manage Attachments' - below the test entry area.

That's a power FET, almost certainly an N-channel enhancement mode device. Was ther enough left of the original to get any part numbers?

The power supply is a BN44-00113A, and the schematic is available from Elektrotanya, but does not seem to list the part number of that device.

PlainBill
                      For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

Many thanks for your answer.

Because of the front side exploded, the only code that i can see are:
                        "b2" on the upper left
                        "05" on the upper right.
                        6 Pin at all that i disassembled.

Thanks also for guide me to the "Manage Attachments".
                        Attached Files

Comment

"b2" on the upper left
                          "05" on the upper right.

Yeah, that blew up. I see several alternative solutions.

Search for the schematic. I haven't done an exhaustive search because odds are they will all lead to the same 'aftermarket' schematic.

Someone may remember the part number.

There are a number of these available on eBay, some for under $20.

PlainBill

Comment

I've already serched for.
                            But every link lead me to the same pdf.

If you serch for "mj19bs schematic" on google, the first result (and not the only) is a link wich shows you the digital and analogic PCB, not the power board that i need!

Hope for someone who can help to identify that component.

Bill, thanks for your help. But if you could, also if your time will allows you, search for the part gone, i will be so thankfull...that i'll surely offer you a beer

Regards.
                            Fabrizio

Comment

"b2" on the upper left
                              "05" on the upper right.

If it's IC601 the part number is DM0565R
                              http://www.alldatasheet.com/datashee...SDM0565RB.html
                              Whatever I do, I consider it a success, if in the end I am breathing, seeing, feeling and hearing!

Comment

Yes, i think the code was that IC601.
                                Once changed, and hoping there's nothing else damaged on the pcb, the monitor must turn on, isn't it?
                                It's for this reason, still not changed the burned part, that the lcd, eventough connected with power cable and turned on, wan't light the led of power state.

Correct me if something wrong.

Comment

Yes, i think the code was that IC601.
                                  Once changed, and hoping there's nothing else damaged on the pcb, the monitor must turn on, isn't it?
                                  It's for this reason, still not changed the burned part, that the lcd, eventough connected with power cable and turned on, wan't light the led of power state.

Correct me if something wrong.
                                  This part is necessary for proper operation of the monitor - it drives the transformer that provides the voltages that the monitor uses.

PlainBill

Comment

ok.
                                    I'll buy the part and, once installed, will let you know.

Don't worry if you'll listen some strange sound, followed by an also strange dark cloud, from Italy!!! I'm still alive...hope

Fabrizio

Comment

Hi again.
                                      I bought the part and i'm going to assembly.
                                      It will be very usefull if someone post a picture of the back of the pcb (need to see contacts soldering).

This is what i've done.
                                      But i think i forgot something...
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Done, but the led on the front panel of the monitor's plastic wont turn on!

What other test may can i do?

Comment

Working...
                                        X