Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sony SMD-HS73

Originally posted by retiredcaps View Post
    Just out of curiousity, what is the part number for IC2 on the backside of the power board?
    200D6 PZDC

This looks like it should be right.
    http://www.alldatasheet.com/datashee...1200D60R2.html

Comment

What is the model number for Q3?
      --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Sorry, one more. What is the part number for the diode that is providing the 12V rail? It will be one of the two that is mounted on the heatsink.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

What is the model number for Q3?
          SSS6N70A 341
          http://www.alldatasheet.com/datashee.../SSS6N70A.html

Sorry, one more. What is the part number for the diode that is providing the 12V rail? It will be one of the two that is mounted on the heatsink.
          I had to remove the cap from in front of it to get the number...

UD6340 STPS10 150 CT

http://www.alldatasheet.com/datashee...STPS10150.html

Comment

Sorry I haven't been working on this one while I was waiting for my Blue ESR meter kit to arrive. I came in Monday and I put it together last night. I seem to have gotten it right the first time.

Anyway, I've been testing some of the caps I pulled off this board. It has been long enough that I'm not 100% sure of which through-hole caps were from this board, but for the logic board, it was the only one I removed SMD caps from. 3 of them seemed to be likely bad based off of the FC series data sheets. (I can't tell what brand, the only markings other than voltage and capacitance is what looks like 30I1 on the 47uF, and 3a on the 10uf cap, all 16v.)

The 10uf cap was at 15Ω, as opposed to the FC spec at 3Ω. The 47uf caps were at 6.2Ω & 7.3Ω compared to the FC spec at 1Ω.

I should be working more on this board over the weekend. I'll be trying to trace down possibly bad components on the board.

Comment

Originally posted by torin3 View Post
              The 10uf cap was at 15Ω, as opposed to the FC spec at 3Ω. The 47uf caps were at 6.2Ω & 7.3Ω compared to the FC spec at 1Ω.
              Just remember that if the equivalent FM caps are available, they have even lower ESR.
              --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

Just remember that if the equivalent FM caps are available, they have even lower ESR.
                Ok, I'm apparently completely missing the point you are making.

Since I've already replaced the caps with FC series caps I'm not planning on replacing them again unless they go bad. I don't know what brand/series were on there originally, so I can't say for certain that they are out of spec, but again, going by FC specs, they certainly seem to be going bad. Especially since 3 other caps, including at least 1 more 47uF cap all tested much lower.

But I'm not sure why you are telling me that FM would have lower ESR. I'm aware that relative to FC there are caps that would have lower or higher ESR specs in those can sizes.

Comment

Originally posted by torin3 View Post
                  But I'm not sure why you are telling me that FM would have lower ESR. I'm aware that relative to FC there are caps that would have lower or higher ESR specs in those can sizes.
                  No real point. Just trying to say that FM has lower ESR than FC.
                  --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

No real point. Just trying to say that FM has lower ESR than FC.
                    Ok. No problem. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing your point.

Comment

Working...
                    X