MSI P67A-G43 Caps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MSI P67A-G43 Caps

I have an MSI P67A-G43 motherboard I'm repairing and its missing a Capacitor. It was missing when I got the board so I'm not sure what its rating was. Anyone have anyway of finding out?

Thanks

Re: MSI P67A-G43 Caps

Post a picture and point out which one...

Those MSI boards use two kinds of caps. Samxon ULR and UER. One series for the VRM high, and the other for the VRM low and the rest of the board.
    "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

-Leonid Brezhnev (On the Yom Kippur War)

Comment

Thanks for that info. How do I tell which Voltage and rating to use?

Comment

Looking at the ULR/UER datasheets, the first line on the cap is the series, the second line is the voltage, the third line is the capacitance, and the fourth line is a date or factory code.

Post what they are and their dimensions, and I might be able to point you to a place where you can buy suitable replacements. The difference between ULR and UER is that UER is a 5000 hour rated part.
        "We have offered them (the Arabs) a sensible way for so many years. But no, they wanted to fight. Fine! We gave them technology, the latest, the kind even Vietnam didn't have. They had double superiority in tanks and aircraft, triple in artillery, and in air defense and anti-tank weapons they had absolute supremacy. And what? Once again they were beaten. Once again they scrammed [sic]. Once again they screamed for us to come save them. Sadat woke me up in the middle of the night twice over the phone, 'Save me!' He demanded to send Soviet troops, and immediately! No! We are not going to fight for them."

Comment

I think I'm confusing you.....the cap that is supposed to be there isn't there. I'm trying to find out the specs of the missing cap so I can replace it. Someone apparently just ripped this one off the board with pliers. Only the prongs are still there. Its a solid State capacitor just trying to find out where I can get that kind of info on a motherboard.

Comment

I think I know of an easy way to find out what's missing. Have a look at the photo I'm attaching, open it up in Paint or something and circle which one is missing, and then attach it here.
            Attached Files

Comment

This works....great idea....
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DaleCarr View Post
                This works....great idea....
                That's a 4v 560uF cap in 8mm diameter.

Here you go:

https://www.badcaps.net/store/produc...products_id=79

Comment

Many Thanks Mockingbird.......I would never of figured this out without you.

Comment

Working...
                  X