Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Asus P6T CMOS settings now always wiped out when unplugged!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Asus P6T CMOS settings now always wiped out when unplugged!

WTF! Has anyone had a problem like this before, even when you installed a brand new CR2032 battery. I tried 2 of them from the same Energizer package!

When I switch off the switch on the PSU or unplug the PSU, it's like I never had a CR2032 battery! There's also no jumper on the Asus P6T Deluxe, which honestly looks like a version 1.
    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

16 GB AData XPG Spectrix D41

Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 6750 XT

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Western Digital Black SN850 1TB NVMe SSD

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"¡Me encanta "Me Encanta o Enlistarlo con Hilary Farr!" -Mí mismo

"There's nothing more unattractive than a chick smoking a cigarette" -Topcat

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

"did I see a chair fly? I think I did! Time for popcorn!" -ratdude747

Re: My Asus P6T CMOS settings now always wiped out when unplugged!

Only when the battery is no good. Have you tested it's voltage ?

Jumper knocked off ?

Comment

seen it on other boards,
      it could be a bad diode or broken trace.
      follow the trace, get the pinout to the chipset from intel's "ark" to make it easyer.

Comment

Originally posted by diif View Post
        Only when the battery is no good. Have you tested it's voltage ?

Jumper knocked off ?
        There's no place for a jumper to even be found, LOL.
        ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

"Today's lesson in pissivity comes in the form of a ziplock baggie full of GPU extension brackets & hardware that for the last ~3 years have been on my bench, always in my way, getting moved around constantly....and yesterday I found myself in need of them....and the bastards are now nowhere to be found! Motherfracker!!" -Topcat

Comment

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post
          There's no place for a jumper to even be found, LOL.
          There is, it's bottom right hand corner, labelled CLRTC

Comment

There is, it's bottom right hand corner, labelled CLRTC
            I couldn't find "CLRTC" or "CLRRTC".
            ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
              seen it on other boards,
              it could be a bad diode or broken trace.
              follow the trace, get the pinout to the chipset from intel's "ark" to make it easyer.
              I very likely have a broken trace, because I changed video cards twice this year alone...
              ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

Comment

would it be best to first check standby voltage at cmos chip ?
                well after checking battery voltage that is .
                Last edited by petehall347; 07-07-2019, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RJARRRPCGP View Post
                  I couldn't find "CLRTC" or "CLRRTC".
                  The manual seems to indicate it should be marked but it's not. It's just above the front panel connector.

Pic changed, didn't notice you have the Deluxe.

I would have thought if a trace had been damaged then the issue would have show itself then ?
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by diif; 07-07-2019, 06:18 PM.

Comment

The manual seems to indicate it should be marked but it's not. It's just above the front panel connector.

Pic changed, didn't notice you have the Deluxe.

I would have thought if a trace had been damaged then the issue would have show itself then ?
                    OK, maybe I got confused, because there's a jumper there, where it appears to be marked for another function, SMH!
                    ASRock B550 PG Velocita

Ryzen 9 "Vermeer" 5900X

eVGA Supernova G3 750W

Alienware AW3423DWF OLED

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
                      would it be best to first check standby voltage at cmos chip ?
                      well after checking battery voltage that is .
                      there isnt one,
                      modern boards have the clock and ram integrated into the chipset.
                      the battery will go straight into one of the huge bga chips - sometimes via a diode.

Comment

I have something real stupid too on my Asus Z97 WS. Sometimes the computer running linux will just "hang" after 30mins or an hour. Rebooting this will resolve in a constant boot loop withing the bios. So it resets every 3 seconds or so. The only way getting out of it is to clear the CMOS. Doing that a few times got old fast. So I took everything apart and off the main board, cleaned it, sprayed contact cleaner on each slot and put it back in. Works like a charm ever since.

Comment

This happened to a customer of mine with that exact same motherboard. I fixed it. Want to know the solution? I'll send you my paypal and give me $50!

Kidding.the p6t is poorly designed for the battery casing. It's vertical. It's easy to knock the positive pin out the motherboard. I heated it up, put some leaded solder on it and pushed it back down as I heated it up. Worked fine after that
                          Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
                          ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Check that pin on the very edge
                            Attached Files

Comment

^
                              Do you really paint your toenails?
                              <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                              Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                              http://folding.stanford.edu/
                              Team : 49813
                              Join in!!
                              Team Stats

Comment

Bad lighting

My brother in law has his toenails painted all different colors but his excuse is "I have a two year old daughter"

Better picture (relatively)
                                Attached Files

Comment

could you not dig this hole any deeper please!

Comment

Originally posted by uranium-235 View Post
                                    bad lighting

my brother in law has his toenails painted all different colors but his excuse is "i have a two year old daughter"

better picture (relatively)
                                    lol
                                    could you not dig this hole any deeper please!
                                    LOL again! Strange thing afoot in this thread!

/awesome pun!
                                    <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
                                    Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
                                    http://folding.stanford.edu/
                                    Team : 49813
                                    Join in!!
                                    Team Stats

Comment

I just wanted to prove my toenails are not pained. Only thing I use toenail polish for is making sure bolts don't slowly come off in high vibration situations, and it's not even my polish

Comment

there isnt one,
                                        modern boards have the clock and ram integrated into the chipset.
                                        the battery will go straight into one of the huge bga chips - sometimes via a diode.
                                        maybe find the diode and check there then . like trace out where it is missing .

Comment

Working...
                                        X