Thank you to the guys at HEGE supporting Badcaps [ HEGE ] [ HEGE DEX Chart ]

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elo 1825L Touch Screen (need help choosing fuse)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elo 1825L Touch Screen (need help choosing fuse)

I've bought this Elo 1825L that has a main logic board of PTB-1195 // 66832119500-01 in it. It showed no signs of power.(no lights available) after tearing apart and testing volatge with a volt meter I found the 12v... To start I decided to plug in to a laptop via vga cord, and test the backlamps with another inverter stand alone, to see what happens. So..... here is what I found:
    the inverter model is: QPWBGL954IDG--- Voltage Inverter / Ballast Board - Master for SYLVANIA PD-80A

link can be found for purchase from here:
    http://www.discount-merchant.com/SYL...-p/1124777.htm

After finding that link and placing the order, I decided to seek into this inverter more finding the fuse blown - F1 fuse blown (I think this is smd ceramic 4a)
    anyone help me out on choosing the right one from mouser of digi-key? I can cancel my order I believe from the discount merchant on that board

I will also say that when I used the inverter from another power board, then pluging in the laptop to the elo monitor via vga cord the screen works great (other than after 30 secs or so... it shades purple with lines like a screen saver kicking in while the subst inverter makes a zeeezzzz noise before it blinks out) ...any tips? trying my best here ...BlkSmth

hi-res images below...hope I didnt make a mistake on them

image #1
    http://www.tbshome.net/IMG_0489.JPG

image #2
    http://www.tbshome.net/IMG_0490.JPG
    Last edited by BlkSmth; 03-26-2011, 11:35 AM.

Re: Elo 1825L Touch Screen (need help choosing fuse)

Originally posted by BlkSmth View Post
    I've bought this Elo 1825L that has a main logic board of PTB-1195 // 66832119500-01 in it. It showed no signs of power.(no lights available) after tearing apart and testing volatge with a volt meter I found the 12v... To start I decided to plug in to a laptop via vga cord, and test the backlamps with another inverter stand alone, to see what happens. So..... here is what I found:
    the inverter model is: QPWBGL954IDG--- Voltage Inverter / Ballast Board - Master for SYLVANIA PD-80A

link can be found for purchase from here:
    http://www.discount-merchant.com/SYL...-p/1124777.htm

After finding that link and placing the order, I decided to seek into this inverter more finding the fuse blown - F1 fuse blown (I think this is smd ceramic 4a)
    anyone help me out on choosing the right one from mouser of digi-key? I can cancel my order I believe from the discount merchant on that board

I will also say that when I used the inverter from another power board, then pluging in the laptop to the elo monitor via vga cord the screen works great (other than after 30 secs or so... it shades purple with lines like a screen saver kicking in while the subst inverter makes a zeeezzzz noise before it blinks out) ...any tips? trying my best here ...BlkSmth

hi-res images below...hope I didnt make a mistake on them

image #1
    http://www.tbshome.net/IMG_0489.JPG

image #2
    http://www.tbshome.net/IMG_0490.JPG
    You did. There have been problems reported with some off site picture storage services. In self defense, I don't visit them. Attach the picture using Manage Attachments below the text entry area.

I don't need a high resolution picture of the fuse, but the exact dimensions and a low res picture would help a lot.

PlainBill
    For a number of reasons, both health and personal, I will no longer be active on this board. Any PMs asking for assistance will be ignored.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Comment

new updated images
      sorry about that plainbill. I do understand what you mean. I linked those first ones to my hosted in house website ...sorry

I was hoping you would help me
      Attached Files

Comment

ccfl(s) cause that fuse to blow?

ermmmm 2mm x 3mm acording to my body shop tape I just found
        Last edited by BlkSmth; 03-26-2011, 12:11 PM.

Comment

I sourced a 4A fuse from digikey based on the 1206 package that I think will work:

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...FF400F/32CT-ND

A fuse can fail for no reason, or you may have a short on your inverter board. Try checking the mosfet transistors (4431) Q4 and Q6 for shorts. Also, check the 4 transistors (2 at each end) starting with Q7? for shorts. Hard to tell, since photo was cut off
          Last edited by jetadm123; 03-26-2011, 01:05 PM.

Comment

whole inverter image updated
            Attached Files

Comment

Based on your new photo, check transistors Q7,8,9 and 10 for shorts. If the capacitor C5 is a unknown brand, consider replacing it.

Comment

Originally posted by jetadm123 View Post
                I sourced a 4A fuse from digikey based on the 1206 package that I think will work:

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...FF400F/32CT-ND

A fuse can fail for no reason, or you may have a short on your inverter board. Try checking the mosfet transistors (4431) Q4 and Q6 for shorts. Also, check the 4 transistors (2 at each end) starting with Q7? for shorts. Hard to tell, since photo was cut off
                How to check that mosfet transistor (4431)? thats reffered to as soic8 right?

Comment

How to check that mosfet transistor (4431)?
                  See #2 at

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...0&postcount=13
                  --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

On these 4431, there is no notch or dot to indicated whats pin 1...
                    now since the 8 pins are: 4 top all same pad, 4 bottom 3 same pad, 1 not lets assume 1 not below the number "5" on the top of this chip is perhaps the "G", meaning gate? so bottom row would be s,s,s,g ...then top row is d,d,d,d? I think that would be correct no? Thanks for all your help my friend!

Comment

nm.... heheh
                      I guess that is what the little "1" is on the board for after i look and pay more attention LOL. I'll report back here in a few.
                      make my theory correct though :P

Comment

DMM set @ 200k

SOIC LT of input plug: Q4
                        B S1,2,3 - R G1 = 39.1
                        B S1,2,3 - R D1,2,3,4 = 188.3 & starts climbing
                        B G1 - R D1 = NOTHING

SOIC RT of input plug: Q6

B S1,2,3 - R G1 = 38.8
                        B S1,2,3 - R D1,2,3,4 = 188.1 & starts climbing
                        B G1 - R D1 = NOTHING

Comment

testing on the transistors I find one that dont respond very well on Q2

I put the DMM on 200k still, black lead to pin assignment 1, red to 2,3
                          2 gives ohm 19.4
                          3 dont even make the DMM move....?

this means bad I believe...not sure what the values should be but all the rest on the board give readings from pin assignment 3....

how to pick this one for a replacement? not sure on how these numbers work.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Try using retiredcaps link above, post #9, on how to check transistors. Have you checked transistors Q7,8,9 and 10 yet? Your readings for Q2 could be influenced by the other components surrounding Q2.

For now, let's assume the 4431's are good.

Comment

reply 12 indicates 4431 readings/findings
                              Q7,8,9,10 seem to test out all the same also

I did a NO...NO....NO

Since the board I already ordered, the board that I cannot cancel because it's in processing or has been shipped.... I decided to take a very small wire from a USB wire project from a Griffin Powermate (I mean very small!) and thus soldered it accross the fuse bad...bad.....) unit lights for about 30 secs the drops....eeeeewwww

so being creative I took and older aoc 712si 17" that I had laying around with a bad board with a small likely zenor diode and a removed donor 4502C for another elo 1925L model that I repaired with that part. Then having left over a screen of claa170ea 07 that had good bulbs with the same lamp style plugs, I decided to go dual

see the screen below....works with screensaver without shuting down unless 5 minutes go by which the laptop was set for screen power down. the mainboard is working when powered with own lamps for 30 secs, and with a flash light when adding Aoc backlamps.

looks as though from here that the bulbs caused the inverter to blow, thus thrashing the 4a fuse on its board... wired direct (again dont do this heheh no..no...no) I show it now works. Now the question would be..... shall I replace the elo 1825L 18.1" bulbs with the aoc 712si 17" bulbs since I really dont have any sources on the web after exhaustion of major googling for them? would it really un-illuminate correctly? I have never tried this before.....

dont axe me :P please for the extra soldering creation...normally I would not even consider this, but since it was infact a seperate board already ordered...well, you get the picture.

This other bulb testing has worked for 4 mouse pad laptop resumes from sitting idle. so more than 20 minutes so far.

One thing I didnt mention was the fact that I did reZAP the solder connections on them Q7,8,9,10
                              Attached Files

Comment

DMM set @ 200k

B G1 - R D1 = NOTHING
                                There is a huge difference between 200 (two hundred) and 200,000 ohms. My instructions are for 200 not 200,000.

A multimeter ALWAYS gives a reading. There is no such reading as "NOTHING".

In the same URL above, I also talk about multimeters and how to interpret the results.
                                --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

sorry about the 200 vrs 200k thing, my bad misreading.

set DMM @ 200 this is what I get

SOIC LT of input plug: Q4
                                  B S1,2,3 - R G1 = no change on DMM sits @ 1 .
                                  B S1,2,3 - R D1,2,3,4 = 162.1-2
                                  B G1 - R D1 = no change on DMM sits @ 1 .
                                  SOIC RT of input plug: Q6

B S1,2,3 - R D1,2,3,4 = 162.1-2
                                  B G1 - R D1 = no change on DMM sits @ 1 .

junk DMM? it's a Actron dp7677 link below:

http://www.decisionalreview.info/act...ive-good-deal/

Comment

set DMM @ 200 this is what I get

A "1" on the left hand side of the multimeter means it is out of range. So if the multimeter is set to 200 ohms, the "1" reading is greater than 200 ohms.

For this test, we don't really care if the actual resistance is 299 ohms or 100,000 ohms. We just want to know if it shorted or not. A shorted component will usually be very low ohms (say < 30 ohms).
                                    --- begin sig file ---

--- end sig file ---

Comment

... it shades purple with lines like a screen saver kicking in while the subst inverter makes a zeeezzzz noise before it blinks out) ...
                                      Bad lamps
                                      There are 10 kind of people in this world: those that understand binary, and those who don't.
                                      • ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code
                                      • Intel Core i5-7600K 3.8GHz
                                      • 16gb GSKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200
                                      • 1 M2 SSD + 2 WD Blue 1TB (Mirrored)
                                      • Windows 10 Pro x64
                                      • GeForce GT1050
                                        2 x Acer KA240H + 1 Vewsonic VP2130 21 (a cap replacement job )

Comment

swap with donor bulbs from the Aoc 712si 17" then?
                                        I did not have any luck with a viable replacement so far.

Comment

Working...
                                        X