X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

hi to all, i am new here. im a mobile tech. here in Philippine,
    i want to learn some new things and also i do best my to give help.

Comment

Hi Everyone,
      My name is Chris and I am from the Chelmsford / Maldon area of Essex in the UK.
      I am technically minded person from an IT support engineer / technician background and am looking forward to my time and experiences on this forum.

--
      Regards,

Chris

Comment

Hi all, I'm slchh3 new member from Malaysia. without any technical backgroud.
        hope can learn from you in this forum.

Thanks

Comment

I heard about this place from a friend, that told me that I could get some help fixing different things. I do not own a business and just like to fix things that people throw away and think are no good. My latest project is a Sharp LC-C5277UN. I got it from a girl who said that she had dropped it moving and it stopped working. My first thought was, a broken screen, but upon inspection, The screen appears to be okay. When I try to turn it on, it makes a clicking noise, turns on, but no picture or sound. There are two green lights on the front that are blinking: The left light blinks twice, simultaneously, with the right light, which also blinks twice, then goes on to blink an additional three more times before the cycle starts over again. I did some research on the internet about it, which led me first, to replacing both of the inverter boards. Then today I replaced the main board and am getting the same blinking lights. Also, I have tried to unplug the television and hold the channel up button and the volume button down button, while plugging it in and it does nothing. The T-Con Board and Power Board are about the last two left and I wanted to ask for help, before I spend any more money? Can anyone please share some knowledge with me?

Comment

Hello Chirs, are you any good with TVs?

Comment

Hi there, I going to replace motherboard capacitors and I need some help.

Comment

Hello, I'm here to find a bios for my DV6t-6100 CTO that is 4096KB external flash-able.
                Thanks,
                Tim

Comment

Hello, Just joined and wanted to put up first post. Trying to fix a broken LG 31MU97 monitor. Apparently, improper power down, like happens during power outage fries the flash ROM. I have a new flash Rom from good source and want to copy it before install so I can always recover in the future. Anyway, that is why I went here for some help. Find reading the posts very informative. Thanks for the Help!

Comment

Hello, i am fixing electronic stuff in my spare time and a community for help is always a good help.

Comment

Hello, This is Jose from India. I have some technical background, but not exactly electronics.
                      I am here to find out whether I can revive my dead plasma tv, before its added to the growing pile of electronics junk.

Comment

I would like to say hi to everyone

Comment

hello, I am Otto from Newfoundland. I am a do it your selfer. If i don't no something I look for the answer. I don't usely quit. I'm here because I have trouble with my proscan tv and looking for help.

Comment

Hi everyone,
                            My name is Cathy, my handle is calamity2m because i can claim my name at most places

I took computer repair as a necessity after buying a horrible Compaq 9234 and bad experiences with Compaq. I actually visited the Headquarters in Houston after they had my computer for 2 months, were not fixing it, returned it to me in a different case, downgraded all components. I am a mechanics kid, Dad took old wrecked VW's home and built dune buggies out of them. I learned a lot mechanically from Dad.

When I entered the UPS local in Corpus (where we use to live), I opened my tower in front of the guy, got his name and said, "you are my witness" took a sharpie and marked every removable part on that system.

Needless to say when I got my computer back, which was NOT my computer, tower was some other model number, they basically told me to name my price as to what I wanted. They had no idea where MY computer ended up. lol I milked it for all it was worth.

That sent me to college at 41 yo.
                            I ran a small home base repair business in the late and early 2000's, was burned out fast since I did not have an alternative phone and the calls to the house, wanting free support, naturally, were overwhelming. After a couple of years going to people's houses and repairing their computers, hardware/software, tried a partner but he didn't know much, I was carrying the load and him taking 50 percent lasted 2 months. I finally decided it was time to stop.

Next I took all donations from a local homeless shelter and reworked them, begged, swapped parts with others, but received the greatest help in parts, software, etc from the actual Manufacturers of the computer systems or peripherals. I did this for a couple of years, hit burn out, stopped and decided to just enjoy web page design, volunteering again.

What brought me here is an old Boston BA7900 sound system 5.1, actually has the 5 speakers, center console and subwoofer. I'm trying to find someone to work on my equipment when I ran across a post that I can answer and help out.

I'm a gamer, thanks to my daughter, so I use to post on different forums under the moniker of Cassi2m. Had that since I came online in 98.
                            As of late, am on facebook, aren't most of us, and I play a game on there. I do some testing for them, find issues, glitches, I tell them the following. If the glitch that I discover will not hurt the game but benefit my game, and not hurt you financially, I will not share that discovery.

I talk to the support guru weekly, most of the times daily, depending on what's going on.
                            I've found some major things, some great for us, some that will crash the game and have reported them as described above. lol At this point over 50 suggestions of mine are integrated in the game and am proud of what I have helped it to become.

If any of you are into gaming on facebook let me know if you want me to help you set up filters or I can create a post somewhere on here with permission from admin on what needs to be done to all browsers that you use. Chrome like Windows is moving away from flash player, so there are workarounds available. I discovered filters and predicted in Oct 2015 that Chrome would be moving to html5...which exactly what has happened.
                            post note: If anyone you have has purchased a computer in the last year, make sure that they install Java, by Oracle, just google java and see the install from Oracle aka Sun think it's java dot com, yes address works. We still need java on our systems to run certain games/programs old and new.

There ya go, that's about it, beside my daughters who live out of the state, husband works, the pup and I have time on our hands, so I try to help others out when able, either through research or personal knowledge.

Thanks for making it through this. I hope that was enough info for ya'll to get to know me.
                            Cathy
                            (weak on electronics side) but can be helpful with other aspects of the computer world.

Comment

Hi all, I haven't fixed a TV for a few years but I'm trying to help out a friend and hoping to get some help, thanks!

Comment

Hello. I do computer repair in Lincoln, NE. I am teaching myself component level repair.

Comment

Hey. My hobby is computers. I myself am a mechanical engineer in motor transport. I live in Kazakhstan and most importantly I want to find teachers, friends and like-minded people in this community. I hope for understanding and for the commonwealth. Thank you

Comment

Hi everyone!
                                    I found this place while looking for help on a tv blacking out. I don't have a lot of experence with electrical but I worked as a mechanic for years and I fix most things myself. I get plesure out of fixing things.

Comment

Where do I post for help on a proscan 50 inch tv.

Comment

Hello everyone. I'm Nerijus from UK and started learn to repair macbook's, Hope to get more experience, may I help if I can.

Comment

Hello !

I'm a rookie in computer repair and its not my profesion right now its more like a hobbie.

My first computer was a C-64 with a black/white tv back in 1984. I was a Computers Gazette subscriber, a magazine for the Commodore computers then and I liked to progam it with games and other freeware that the magazine had, it was agreat time in my life.

Tome passed and I abandoned my computer hobbie and decated my life to other sutff. A couple of yeras ago i returned tp the PC world with Windows XP. I t was a new start beacuse I fogetten all about computers so mostly what I did was video and audio editing as ahobbie too, not too fancy just amateur stuff.

A year ago i took an online computer repair course , just basic stuff but got me interested back into the computer world.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be a member of this forum.

I will like to learn more of computer repair specially Mother Boards and EEprom programming.

have agood day and I hope to make good friends here. Sorry for my bad writing, English is not my main language.

Comment

Working...
                                          X