LG 6V LED Backlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 6V LED Backlights

I've been repairing quite a few LG tvs with the usual backlight problems over the past few months. I'm talking about replacing individual leds rather than fitting new strips.
    The 3v types are fine, but does anyone else have a problem with bright spots on the screen after replacing the 6v type? This is the type with the thick round lens that also falls off with the slightest touch.

The type of replacement LED I'm using is a 2 watt 3535 6v, which is the most common one on eBay advertised for use with these LG models. At first I was thinking that they just seemed brighter in comparison when used alongside the original "aged" leds, but the bright spots on the screen are really quite defined and I really do think that they are brighter than they should be. Even lowering the backlight level in the menu doesn't quite get rid of the bright spots.
    Does anyone else have this issue? Or does anyone have a link for LEDs they use?

Re: LG 6V LED Backlights

Bright spots are caused by the lenses not being perfectly centered. If you use 5 second fix, you can adjust with the backlight on and cure it after. I tend do do full strip replacement on these models with new strips since it is difficult to remove the old strips without popping off the lenses. Ran across an ebay listing for used strips with every lens popped off.
    Last edited by neilc6; 11-13-2019, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Thanks Neil, but if you're working on one strip with all lenses removed (or fallen off), these replacement LEDs are noticeably brighter before fixing any of the lenses into place. They're easily twice as bright as the surrounding original ones.

Comment

I recall only the 32 inch models being 6V. Larger sizes may only be 3V. I will need to check later with some strips I may still have. You may be using the wrong replacement LEDs.

Comment

No these are definitely 6v Neil. If I divide the drive voltage by number of LEDS it comes out at 5 point something. I've done dozens of the 3v ones as well and the strips, leds and lenses are easy to differentiate between.

Comment

Working...
          X