Panasonic TX-P42GT20B - Stuck Stby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic TX-P42GT20B - Stuck Stby

Random thought, Just posted elswhere but I had an A board 10 blinker, shorted 3.3v line, SD card slot damaged and bent pins shorting out. Most likely foreign object inserted (kids?)

Comment

My 3.3V is ok. I'm missing MIHO 3.3V and in fact LED 8V. But those will only come up when the MPU sends PANEL_MAIN_ON, which it isn't doing.

Comment

i have looked over the schematics but cant fathom where or on which pins/connectors i should be checking for the voltages.

also got hold of different DMM hopefully this one will be capable lol

Comment

Maybe try the resistance readings again on Q661 on sc board with the new meter. From the readings you posted before and the sc light not coming on when the ss did I suspect it is shorted.

Comment

on q661 it beeps on all 3 legs
            on sc nothing

Comment

Q661 is the issue then dragging the whole SC into the dirt.
              Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

So if I buy a working SC board then all will be working?

Comment

i dont seem to be getting any V at P2 with sc disconnected,

Comment

Originally posted by benjamin.d.bird View Post
                    So if I buy a working SC board then all will be working?
                    i dont seem to be getting any V at P2 with sc disconnected,
                    How about p11? And it's going to be around 200V and may only be there momentarily if the TV is shutting down

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                      How about p11? And it's going to be around 200V and may only be there momentarily if the TV is shutting down
                      SC Disconnected
                      P11 pin 4 = 15.58v
                      pin 1 = 201v
                      P2 pin 1 = 207v

SC Connected -
                      P11 pin 4 = 15.58v
                      pin 1 = 0v
                      P2 pin 1 = 0v

Comment

SC Disconnected
                        P11 pin 4 = 15.58v
                        pin 1 = 201v
                        P2 pin 1 = 207v

SC Connected -
                        P11 pin 4 = 15.58v
                        pin 1 = 0v
                        P2 pin 1 = 0v
                        I believe that is a strong indication SC is short. If it shows voltage at the SS when the SC is disconnected and nothing when connected then SC is the issue I feel. Will replacing the SC fix everything, no idea, but that's the evidence you have provided.

Comment

ok i have one on order "should" be here tomorrow.
                          First of all am i ok just to put it in, connect it up and hope for he best or did i read some where in your long thread about the buffer board making it go popo again or am i just getting my wires crossed (for want of a better phrase).
                          Second if all is well do you or Tom want the original board?

Comment

ok i have one on order "should" be here tomorrow.
                            First of all am i ok just to put it in, connect it up and hope for he best or did i read some where in your long thread about the buffer board making it go popo again or am i just getting my wires crossed (for want of a better phrase).
                            Second if all is well do you or Tom want the original board?
                            I'm in Oz Tralia mate, I got 6 of them for 50" already , dunno what I'm going to do with them , thanks all the same.

Comment

Before you put the new board in check it over carefully, do those resistance readings on it especially on Q661. I recently bought a "working" tnpa5081. Found Q661 shorted right away. Then noticed another IGBT was totally exploded. The exploded IGBT was clearly visible on the guys ebay pic too once I knew what to look for so was not difficult to get a refund.

Yes check buffers for shorts. Make sure all is screwed in tightly and properly connected. You can test the SC with SC50 jumper in before making connection between SC and buffers.

Comment

Well my replacement SC board arrived this morning..............
                                .......However, the board that i received is a "fully tested" TNPA5081 AW.
                                I assume that as one is for the 50" and the other for the 42" board needs returning?
                                good news is that Q661 is ok (wry smile)

Comment

Well my replacement SC board arrived this morning..............
                                  .......However, the board that i received is a "fully tested" TNPA5081 AW.
                                  I assume that as one is for the 50" and the other for the 42" board needs returning?
                                  good news is that Q661 is ok (wry smile)
                                  Fair dinkum 100% wrong board.

TXNSC11NEK or TNPA5081AH

Since the same board is used in both the 2D and 3D models you may get away with it for a quick test and confirm that's all you need.

But, i would check the sd and su boards are not shorted or perform the 7 Blink SU/SD board isolation test where you fully install the sc bit don't connect the SD or SU, jumper the small 2 pin connector on the SC at SC50 (lower left )

If the TV now turns on and stays on with the green LED, then that would be good and turn the TV off,

Get the right board or you could try converting which would involve swapping out a bunch of capacitors and coils from your old board to the replacement.

Comment

make sure the SD/SU gnd bolts are not bolted to the SC as well if doing that bypass test.

Comment

ok passed bypass test, how do i make sure sm didnt blow sc board to start with?

Comment

ok passed bypass test, how do i make sure sm didnt blow sc board to start with?
                                        well, if you have a meter in diode and continuity beep, place one probe on SD/Su board gnd plates(bolt plates) and slide the other carefully along the contact pins on the output ribbon connectors watching for dead short.

Comment

Originally posted by tw2005 View Post
                                          Fair dinkum 100% wrong board

you could try converting which would involve swapping out a bunch of capacitors and coils from your old board to the replacement.
                                          any ideas on how many/which ones would need swapping out?
                                          and if its just coils and caps which i am capable of but anything involving micro surgery then i'd be at a loss!

Comment

Working...
                                          X