Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nintendo 2DS Charging problem

Hello!
    I have a 2DS with broken charging port and a bad battery (wasn't even powering on). I replaced the battery from AliExpress and the charging port, and the system powered on properly, howerver the problem was with the charging. When i plugged in the charger, the charging LED lit Orange (solid) for about 4-5 secs, and then it started flashing orange. I'm using the original Nintendo charger. I used a working original battery and charger from another working 2DS but the problem was still there. Is there a motherboard issue? A chip that usually goes bad?

Re: Nintendo 2DS Charging problem

check charging port connections to pcb.
    or check battery if its the real 2ds one.
    There could be something wrong with the "replacements"
    Last edited by SistMaticZ; 10-16-2019, 10:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SistMaticZ View Post
      check charging port connections to pcb.
      or check battery if its the real 2ds one.
      There could be something wrong with the "replacements"
      I checked the pcb traces of the replaced usb jack and the voltage is normal (4.9v) from the charger. In case the battery from AliExpress was not working, I used a battery and charger from another working 2DS. The result was the same as with the battery from China. I don't know if the problem was there before I replaced them because it is a customer's console.

Comment

Do you have a known good battery that you can test with?
        -Thomas
        I'm a hardware engineer focused on networking equipment for my day job. I void warranties and fix consumer electronics for fun.

Comment

Working...
        X