Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

short on RAM coil LA-9982P

Dear all
    I have a Dell laptop Board(LA-9982P) the board working properly but RAM voltage 1.35v were not present on coil i checked measure the component near RAM IC on my initially testing and the result out that the RAM IC Rt8207 is damage so further i replaced the PU200 (RT8207) and put the adopter power for checking after that board goes completely dead i think the ic was not properly connected so the i checked now there was short on RAM coil i checked the the 02 FET PQ200 and Pq201 so the pq200 was short and i remove pq200 and also pq201 but still short was present on coil so i remove the coil and checked short on both point on coil pcb points so the short was on output side i mean short was on PC213 side . i also removed the pc213 but still short exist and also some components on that line like cd51 but there are lot of components on the line. the damage made FET pq200 because that FET short and the +B ( adopter voltage) which present on drain of the said FET Pq200 and it goes to source which goes to further RAM coil line. so please any one have experience and advice to trace the short circuit
    with easy way and is there any chance of damage PCH?

please find schematic https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=122412
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 08-16-2023, 08:03 AM. Reason: LA-9982P

Re: short on RAM coil

that is mean your ic RT8207 may be not connected correctly or it is damaged ..
    when you connect adapter AON7408L that is normal damaged
    Last edited by the-sky-blue; 03-07-2016, 04:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X