This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

It was interesting reading the first few posts on the first page of this thread.

I may be a little long in the tooth compared to those 2003 posters, considering my first computer was an Apple IIe with 48k of RAM (which I felt quite a sense of accomplishment after I found another Apple II from which to scrounge the other 16k and get a full 64K!) 386, then 486 PC's came later, I remember overclocking to 40MHZ and how everything screamed along with 12MB RAM.

23 years later, a google search related to repairing a sharp lc-60eq10u LCD TV brings me to sign up here.

Comment

Hi. Just got a lenovo with no backlight and stumbled on this googling whether that can be fixed.

Comment

Hi.

Comment

Hey everyone, new here. Chips blew, a

Comment

here to learn

Comment

hi, nice to meet you all, just here to learn and troubleshoot. thanks for the forum!

Comment

Hi all, nice to joined this forum, I'm Carli from Manado, Indonesia..
                find this forum while searching solution for my laptop problem,
                I'm a Computer Networking Teacher in a remote Island..
                love electronics as my major in Vocational High School, Thank you very much for this forum and all the member who keep helping and sharing each other..

best regards..

Comment

i'm newbey here..

Comment

I joined to find out about bad caps on my motherboard, still waiting to be fixed. I even have replacement electrolytics but somehow not found the time. Yet.

Now I have offered my neighbour I would look at his laptop over 1000 dollars and he was told it was a writeoff. That was too much of a challenge. Now I am really stuck deep inside, perhaps the tech was right.

So I am now here to see what I can find out.

Comment

I am Christopher from Poland, i find this forum some time ago but now i find one moment an opportunity to greet.
                      Hello everyone and greetings.
                      (sorry my bad english)

Comment

Hi folks, I'm Andreas from Switzerland.
                        I started computer programming on a PDP-8 in 1969, had my first AIM-65 in 1979, bought a RAM memory expansion of 32 kBytes at that time for almost $1'000.-. Since 1984 I work with Mac.
                        Electronics (control and measuring technique, Audio https://www.badcaps.net/forum/images/smilies/nopity.gif, Video) are my compassion since ever. After professional retirement I repair all kind of stuff brought to me and am still learning...
                        Great site! Feel at home with you ...https://www.badcaps.net/forum/images...icon_smile.gif

Comment

Hello, Matt from Wisconsin USA. I have been happily enjoying my Panasonic plasma since 2007, but now it is giving error codes. Lots of research led me here as a great place for info. After I read a bit more, I will post my problems and beg for advice!

Thanks!

Comment

Howdy Everyone!

Since I am technically living on the West side of the North American continent - Burnaby, British Columbia to be exact I felt a bit of that Western flavor in my salutation.

My name is Brent and having no formal background training in electronics and admittedly quite the novice I have always enjoyed trying to understand how things work although as components become more complicated it begins to look rather daunting!

I have a modest home theater with a projector and also find myself listening to quite a lot of music as well, so having a dedicated 2 channel system became mandatory, including one in my smallish bedroom ( getting away with using a pair of Boston Acoustics T830 speakers currently ). In hindsight I should have applied myself to repairing electronics, specifically audio equipment but at least I can learn here and perhaps even find myself saving not only money but the satisfaction of solving a problem and getting a component to function again - with a lot of help of course.

Comment

Just dropping a note as a new member, I'm a broadcast engineer for six radio stations, I've been an engineer for 25+ years. I also work on the side as a live sound engineer and lighting designer for bands and concerts.

I have to say I'm in love with finding a forum like this as I try to repair as much equipment as possible and it's great finding alike minds where information can be shared regarding repairing equipment.

I hope I can contribute some of my experience over the years of repairing countless equipment, especially lots of capectomy's over the years.

Comment

Hello, my name is Emanuele and i live in Italy (Prato near Florence). My english is not very well. I'm a computer technicians (from 2002) and i would like to improve notebook repair techniques. No longer replace but repair .

Comment

Yes, I'm Brand New!

I'll browse posts until I have full access to see what insight I can find. THEN I'll inundate you all with my PROBLEMS.

I was an EE student at one point, but in a past life and I've long since gone in a different direction so that info has long ago been subject to a memory dump. I do have basic technical ability, analytical skills, an infrequently used soldering iron, and a decent FLUKE multimeter.

Thanks!

Comment

Hello, I'm new and I want to learn from you the very important of your prestigious knowledge.

Comment

hello

Comment

Want access to post, thanks.

Comment

Desperately looking for help to fix my Sony TV where I lost many other instruments after power surge. Found this site as great source of information & seems gathering of extremely helpful & intellectual gentlemen's. Hoping to get my problem solved & but already learned so much after reading thru posts. looking forward to enjoy different technology.

Comment

Working...
                                          X