This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi, Not new to electronics but only just opened my (dark !) flat-screen TV to find a bunch of LED strips... and I really don't understand why these are in series.... is it a conspiracy ??

I thought such ideas went out with old 240V Xmas tree lights ?? One fails = ALL fail !!

Comment

Hello, I just found this forum after my Samsung 245BW started getting flaky at power on - backlight doesn't always come up, but it does if I turn the display off and back on after the computer is on. Looking over the schematics...

Comment

Hi
        just a quick hello from Ireland
        MY TV just went on the blink and was searching threw tube for some help.
        Was watching a vid by Tampatec,not sure if he's on this forum, anyway he gave this site a shout out for some advice he got and here I am!!
        Will post in the troubleshooting section shortly...looking forward to the help and saving a few euro)

Comment

Hello to all! Long time lurker but seeking to become more active in this forum

Comment

Hello to the Badcaps community from tropical Western NY. Ok, for us 50 degrees is tropical this time of year.

Comment

Hello to all! I am a mechatronics engineer and now I run an Apple repair shop here in Brazil. I am new to the business of component level repairs and very curious about everything concerning to electronics. Hope I can help in some way and also get helped by others!

Comment

hello im matt just here to ask some questions about a capacitor bank and possibly replacing a small battery with many little capacitors hopfully some1 can help me out and or has done this b4

Comment

Hello I'm Mike. Found this forum Troubleshooting Sanyo DP 42848 back lights. Had graduated Computer Electronics in 86, but didn't follow through. Still love electronics though. On my third attempt at soldering in ccfls, keep getting back connections and now I think I have a bad ballast cap.

Comment

Hi,
                    My real name is Lonnie, I am retired and just tinker. Occasionally I pick up an old TV or radio that needs some help, or sometimes a lawn mower, or weed eater, or stray dog...seems like there is always something that needs fixen' : )

Comment

Hello, just came across this site while searching for help with a infinity ps12 subwoofer. Looks like I may be getting close to figuring it out. Thanks to info found here.

Comment

Hiya all,
                        I joined this forum a few weeks ago and today I e decided to post my first ever query, so look out for it.

I'm a self employed Windows, web and Android app developer from Birmingham, England. I used to be into electronics years ago but I always keep my hand in here it there. I know the basics and can usually get my head around something once I start looking into it.

Hobbies, I like cycling, watching movies, flying my 450 heli, snooker and technology in general.

Anyway, I'll speak to you soon...

Comment

Hello,
                          I am excited to be part of this forum. I can't believe I never saw it before. I am a 40 year veteran of electronics repair and I hope this will be a good place to exchange ideas and troubleshooting tips.

Comment

I am joining since many sights refer to your successes where others come up with no solutions or even serious possibilities. I have worked for many years with computers but now unemployed am trying my hand at repairing modern lcd / led sets. Have learned the basics and looking forward to some successes based on input from this site. Thanks

Comment

hi im excited to discover this forum and im an electronics lover

thanks you so much for this forum

Comment

Good morning from western Colorado. My name is Ken and I am a minor league meter junkie because I still have the Eico model 565 VOM I built sometime between 1958 - 1961 in Riverside, CA., a Micronta 22-201, Radio Shack model 22-211A, a Ramsey D-3100 and a few others. My dad was using the Eico about 10-15 years ago when he hit it with too much AC using the wrong scale. It blew off a small green (now unreadable) resistor and a chunk of the case on the left side. I ran across madcaps.net while searching for a complete construction manual for the old Eico 565. I'd really like to repair it.

I am also an amateur radio op with callsign N0VA.

Comment

My Indtroduction to the forum

Hi I am Arakal George , Iam new to this forum & iam indtrducing my self.Iam India and i work in UAE, as Technician for Alpine car Audio- I have intrest in electronics . I try to repair most of my electronics . i am not qualified Computer Hardware tech but small software & hardware installations i do. My sincere regards to every one in this forum.

Comment

Thank you for this forum lot of knowledge to be learned and shared

Comment

Whew ! Wow, glad I was paying attention. Hey, folks, Pete here. It wasn't 30 min. ago that I decided to join this forum. (Well, maybe an hour or two, once I get done here.). Mainly, because I was trying to see I if could find any answers to my annoying issues I've recently experienced with my Samsung TV.
                                      So, I join, and start reading from the first thread to....I'll say, the next 3 pages. I would've been reading for days, I'm guessing.
                                      Anyway, I removed the back and saw how simplified everything is in there. Complicated, but simplified. I went straight to the "supposed" root of the problem. But, after inspecting the bad capacitors I expected to find, I only get more discouraged because not one of them looked bad. At all.
                                      So, I guess, I've sort of introduced myself.
                                      This tinkering with appliances and TVs and such is nothing new to me. Mostly, I'll find the problem through pure luck or common sense. I am an aircraft mechanic and working on smaller things is more of a challenge, it seems. If anything, I'll look forward to reading what other folk have to write. Hope everyone is careful with their days.

Comment

Hello everyone ... Doug here!

I'm glad I stumbled across this site while researching a problem with my TV.

I'm from central Tennessee, retired, with time to tinker with electronics that don't work. I like to learn and research as a hobby on just about all subject matters.

Before retirement I spent 35 years in aerospace working in electronics manufacturing.

Thanks!

Comment

Hey guys, Severs here... Well, i'm web developer and i discovered this forum recently searchimg for a way to debug a hp touchsmart 600-1155 all-in-one computer..

Cheers,

Comment

Working...
                                          X